"Honey Honey" Words of Warning Song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Honey Honey" Words of Warning Song

With respect to Janibel's post about divorce songs, I am posting this Abba song, as a warning to those of us who fell blindly in love, and chose to ignore the warning signs before marrying.

So before marrying the wrong person, listen to the words of both the female and male singers in this video. Each of these people were married to each other...Agnitha (the blonde) to Bjorn (the piano player), and the two other performers, Frida to Benny. Both couples divorced, after less than ten years of marriage in each case.

Ok, maybe I'm being too simplistic, using a pop song as an illustration , but just listen to those lyrics...they are simple but powerful...look at the expression on their faces, too...will make you think.

ABBA : Honey Honey - YouTube

hmm with the women that is the expression that they have for most of their videos that I have seen. Its like they didn't have any fun with the music.

Comment

This is the last official recording by the group ...

Apparently they were married just a little under 10 years before divorcing. That's amazing when you consider all the stress of living on the road.

I wonder what their settlements look like? Nobody needing food stamps in order to survive that's for sure - they were one of the top Supergroups of the 70's.
      Last edited by Janibel; 11-08-2013, 05:56 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
        hmm with the women that is the expression that they have for most of their videos that I have seen. Its like they didn't have any fun with the music.
        I agree. The female singers look almost expressionless and move like zombies, even though it's a happy and catchy song. I have seen them appear animated and carefree in some other songs like Mama Mia and Dancing Queen.
        No-one really looks at anyone else, except the guitar player, for a couple of brief moments.

What also got my attention were the lyrics...the women had the parts where they were all but worshipping the men, and the men were telling them to basically "cool it."

Comment

Originally posted by Janibel View Post
          This is the last official recording by the group ...

Apparently they were married just a little under 10 years before divorcing. That's amazing when you consider all the stress of living on the road.

I wonder what their settlements look like? Nobody needing food stamps in order to survive that's for sure - they were one of the top Supergroups of the 70's.
          I haven't read this but doubt they would have any information about a settlement!

ABBA TODAY

Nice to see everyone is alive though.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X