This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father Needs help?

Hi. I'm new to this forum and its the first time I'm actually seeking help outside my family. My common law wife recently asked me to leave after a six year relationship. She has two older boys from two prior relationships. One of 9 and the other is 13. We have a 4 year old daughter and twin 2 year old boys.
    The reason she asked me to leave is because she fell out of love with me. Fine.

I left with a pack sack over my shoulder and nothing else. I'm living at my mothers for now. She has the car because its hers.

Now here is my issue. I'm asked to pay $940.00 / month plus life insurance. Witch is almost half my salary and I just took my clothes, an old spare computer and a monitor out of the house. I get the kids every two weekends and I visit Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I want to be able to afford a place to welcome my kids in. But the way its going I can only afford a room somewhere or live with a roomate. Not good. I asked her if I could get shared custody but she refuses because of her dept load. I just want to raise my kids I love them so much. She wants them because they are worth money. I'm stuck because I can't afford a place to have them all.

Is there anyone who can help or give me advice? If you want more details I would be glad to awnser all your questions.

thank you

A loving father

When did you leave?

Did you have a lawyer?

Did you go to court (probably since you already have visitation and CS schedule)

Is there anything that would make you abusive or neglectful father?

Comment

I left in the end of June.
      I had no lawyer.
      We didn't go to court. We just wanted to have an agreement out of court.
      No there is nothing that would make me abusive or neglectful. Even she would admit that I'm a great father.

By the way thank you for the reply.

Comment

So who told you how much you have to pay child support and who told you when to see your kids if you didn't go to court?

BTW you don't need to thank me. We are here to support each other as much as we can.

Comment

Do you own a share of the home she and your kids are living in? Have you worked out the financials of your separation? Have you signed an (kitchen table) agreement with your separated wife?

Comment

She told me the support amount is from the Ontario guideline on child support amounts. She worked in family law so she has knowledge of this stuff. She pretty much decided the on the schedule. I just went for the ride. I'm now realizing that I can only afford to rent a room. But where am I supposed to welcome my 3 kids?

Comment

We rented from her father. There were no signed agreements. I just wanted to make it easy for the kids sake

Comment

So there are no court orders. You can get a lawyer. If you can't afford one see if you are eligible for legal aid.

Lawyer should be able to tell you if you can go for shared custody. Child support is a must. If you get shared custody then you both parents pay CS, and the parent who earns more pays more. But if you get the kids 50/50 then you must provide for them all they need when they are with you. For example food, clothes, shelter etc.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X