This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property division long after separation and divorce

Here is may case, I divorced in 1999 in an other country where my ex wife moved to with my son. We were married for two and a half years. Everything was settled except the property division. Basically, because of lack of an agreement. We have a house in Ottawa as joint tenant. Most of the time it is rented. I live here in Ottawa most of the time, my ex moved to Europe and stayed there, so she is a non resident. I would like to resolve this issue, but don't want to go to court. She insist on her half share without considering equalization payment, expenses, up keeping cost, expenses regarding a sale etc. I don't know if we are considered ,now as ex married couple, divorced couple or just simple strangers in respect of property division. Any suggestion? I think in each case the property division is done differently. The best thing would be to come to an agreement but she is not reasonable. How can I force or convince her that she is not entitled completely of the half of the value of the house.
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X