Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 06:58 PM

#1StepMom is on a distinguished road
Default Need A Good Lawyer in Durham Region

I'm hoping someone can come to my assistance.

My husband and I are looking for a good, knowledgeable, aggressive lawyer who will not take any crap from the opposing lawyer and will not be afraid to stand up to a judge's absurd rulings.

The only issue is that we would like for this lawyer to be from Durham region (Whitby or Oshawa) as that is where our case is held.

We have had several lawyers from our neck of the woods... but we simply can't afford to be paying $1,000.00 in travel costs for a lawyer from Peel.

If anyone has a lawyer to recommend that we could trust to properly take care of business, once and for all (hopefully!).... please let me know.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-19-2010, 07:09 PM

gzy039 is on a distinguished road

Hello,

We have heard that Stan Zuly is very good. We are meeting with him next week for the first time as we are getting close to trial and we need a lawyer at this point. I've heard good things but I can't give my own opinion at this point although I'm anxious to have him represent my husband. He's quite expensive however, so I hope that means he is great!

Good luck!
Old 03-19-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzy039 View Post
Hello,

We have heard that Stan Zuly is very good. We are meeting with him next week for the first time as we are getting close to trial and we need a lawyer at this point. I've heard good things but I can't give my own opinion at this point although I'm anxious to have him represent my husband. He's quite expensive however, so I hope that means he is great!

Good luck!
He is good. Believe me. We have dealt with him many times... from the other side of the table - he is our opposing party's lawyer. :-S
Old 03-19-2010, 07:29 PM

gzy039 is on a distinguished road

Crappy!! Sorry..I guess that's good for us...I hope he creams our opposing party..she deserves it!
Old 03-19-2010, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzy039 View Post
Crappy!! Sorry..I guess that's good for us...I hope he creams our opposing party..she deserves it!
That's what we want too... though not vengence... but JUSTICE!

Up until now, we've been the ones getting "creamed." :-(

(So your chances of Zuly creaming your opposing party are good.)
Old 03-19-2010, 10:48 PM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

gzyo39, you could casually ask Stan at your interview who he fears...
Old 03-19-2010, 11:13 PM

billiechic is on a distinguished road

LOL!! that is a great idea...kind of sneaky though!
Old 03-20-2010, 08:22 AM

dadtotheend will become famous soon enoughdadtotheend will become famous soon enough

No disrespect, but the quality of your lawyer pales next to the quality of your case.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:43 AM

phoenix is on a distinguished road

Helen Brooks in Whitby is magnificent. She has helped many of my friends who recommended her to me. Her name kept popping up when I was doing the ask-a-friend survey before hiring a lawyer. I had a consultation with her and ended up successfully representing myself thanks to her step-by-step instructions (how many lawyers say "you don't need to hire me, simply do this, this, and this and you will get what you are after" ---???) That totally impressed me. She's pretty amazing.

I'm not sure if she goes to court anymore, or if she has switched to only collaborative law.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadtotheend View Post
No disrespect, but the quality of your lawyer pales next to the quality of your case.
None taken. But when self-representing, and told by duty counsel that you have an easy, straight-forward case, asking for what is just... each time, then get slaughtered by the opposing lawyer and judge... a quality lawyer seems helpful. At least, this has been our experience.
Closed Thread