Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 05-24-2022, 07:25 PM

Kart321 is on a distinguished road
Default CAS access

I have reported my DS(3) grandfather to CAS for sexual contact. Ex lives with grandfather so I gave him the option of meeting child at a relative's house, park etc. It was communicated to him that the child not be taken to his home where grandfather is present pending CAS decision. I found out he took son to his home where grandfather was present. He is claiming grandfather was absent. Can I deny ex access? I don't want to but is there any other alternative? Ex gets EOW.
Old 05-24-2022, 09:32 PM
Banned

pinkHouses has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I am trying to get this straight. Is the following sound right?

The EOW access is court ordered.
You reported the Grandfather to CAS.
You unilaterally decided where your ex was allowed to go with the child.
Now you want to unilaterally deny access because the ex didn't follow your orders.
Old 05-24-2022, 10:33 PM

blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart321 View Post
I have reported my DS(3) grandfather to CAS for sexual contact. Ex lives with grandfather so I gave him the option of meeting child at a relative's house, park etc. It was communicated to him that the child not be taken to his home where grandfather is present pending CAS decision. I found out he took son to his home where grandfather was present. He is claiming grandfather was absent. Can I deny ex access? I don't want to but is there any other alternative? Ex gets EOW.
Talk to CAS and see what they say. If they've said child is not to be at that residence, and the father is aware then this would be very troublesome and should be reported to them to follow up on. If they've said the child should not be around the grandparent and not specifically at the residence, dad may be able to skirt it if there's no way to prove whether the grandparent was there or not.

Ask them for guidance on what to do for the time being.
Old 05-25-2022, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkandimgone View Post
Ask them for guidance on what to do for the time being.
Thanks I will ask them
Old 05-25-2022, 08:09 AM
Banned

pinkHouses has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Thanks I will ask them
I don't understand how the first step could be to go to an internet forum for direction and report this instead of the CAS. It doesn't make sense to me. It is like not wearing pants on public transport, every day.
Old 05-25-2022, 08:15 AM

blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

Again, irrelevant and unhelpful. Just because someone asks online doesn't mean that was the first or only step they took.
Old 05-25-2022, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkHouses View Post
I don't understand how the first step could be to go to an internet forum for direction and report this instead of the CAS. It doesn't make sense to me. It is like not wearing pants on public transport, every day.
CAS had given me a disclaimer saying they don't deal with access and custody which is why I didn't bother asking. I have never dealt with CAS before. They seemed bombarded with cases when I called them about my son so I don't want to take up their time anymore than I absolutely have to. But thank you for your input.
Old 05-25-2022, 10:38 AM

iona6656 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
CAS had given me a disclaimer saying they don't deal with access and custody which is why I didn't bother asking. I have never dealt with CAS before. They seemed bombarded with cases when I called them about my son so I don't want to take up their time anymore than I absolutely have to. But thank you for your input.
I've dealt with CAS before- which city are you in?

Don't get discouraged- there are really great case workers and supervisors in each city (from my experience). I have dealt with them both in the City of Toronto and the Region of Peel.

Also- please use them- they are great resources. I would call and ask to have an appointment with a case worker or supervisor at a scheduled time. They will usually allot about 1/2hr to speak with you. Tell them your history, if you've been involved with CAS in any other City, and ask if they can monitor your situation.

Good luck.

Do you have legal counsel? or access to a legal aid clinic?
Old 05-25-2022, 12:17 PM

StillPaying has a little shameless behaviour in the past

What is going on here? Where are the police, cas, court?
You make it sound serious, but then are trying to handle it yourself...
Old 05-25-2022, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillPaying View Post
What is going on here? Where are the police, cas, court?
You make it sound serious, but then are trying to handle it yourself...
I do have a lawyer who told me their prior experience with CAS has been subpar. As per them because my child is so young they won't talk about the misconduct and CAS will be unable to find the grandparent at fault. My child is quite shy they take a while to open up to strangers. When he talks about what the grandparent did it won't be the entire story but pieces here and there partly because they are young and also because the grandparent has coached them not to talk. Right now it's my word against my ex's because there is no physical proof.