Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 01-03-2022, 11:41 AM

Brampton33 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Ah the naivety of the �dispute resolution clause�. Note to litigants, it doesn�t always work and in cases where a child�s health and well being is at risk, dispute resolution is completely ineffective.
Correct.... the dispute resolution clause will not solve anything. But it is in place in all court orders because 'Newsflash' the courts do not want to see the same couples 4x per year duking out every parenting decision.

Scenario A: You file a motion to seek order to get kids vaccinated. You explain in your affidavit that you have joint custody and history of cooperative decision-making on custodial matters. However, for the vaccine, you are at an impasse. You followed the dispute resolution clause of your court order and after a few mediation sessions, you are still at an impasse. Given this, you are now escalating it to a motion.

Scenario B: You tell your ex the heck with her views about whats best for the kids and get your kids vaccinated despite her concerns, completely breaching your joint custody understanding and court order requiring to atleast try dispute resolution. You have proven to be the type that flies off the handle, acts impulsively, and cannot cooperate with your ex when it comes to decision-making.

I know I'll get blasted by some on this forum...but my course of action would be to try to work it out with the ex, then seek a few mediation sessions, and then file a motion saying we are still at an impasse and seek a judge's order. Given all the info available, it is likely the court would grant your motion and order costs against your ex. Play the smart game.
Old 01-11-2022, 09:56 PM

nofrills is on a distinguished road

Hi,
Sorry, I've been tuned out for the last few weeks because my daughter got COIVD on Christamas Eve, then the ex got it 4 days later, then my son got it last Monday. I am double vaxxed and was taking care of both kids while the ex was sick. I showed no symptoms until today and just tested positive. I've been in back to back quarantines for the last 2.5 weeks. (all this could have been avoided if the kids were vaccinated)

We have a joint custody and joint decision making in our separation agreement with a Dispute Resolution Clause that points to mediation if we cannot agree. It just seems a waste to go to mediation if you know the ex wont agree. To respect the Separation Agreement, it seems like I have to at least attempt mediation.

I spoke to the kids doctor and he definitely recommends the vaccine. He's willing to speak with the ex or do anything to help me get them vaccinated. Since the kids had COVID, he recommends to wait 3 months to get the vaccine because they have about 6 months of built up immunity from their original exposure.

I really like the idea of just getting them vaccinated, but worried about the future consequences and if it could be used against me in the future or if I would lose decision making rights.
Old 01-12-2022, 10:23 AM

gzy039 is on a distinguished road

Wow..just wow. It could have all been avoided if the kids were just vaxed? You have indicated you are vaxed and are now testing positive? You do realize you still have to isolate? You can still catch and spread covid if you are vaxed. So not quite sure how you feel it could have been avoided? The majority of the cases in hospital are vaxed.
Old 01-12-2022, 10:44 AM

Brampton33 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofrills View Post
but worried about the future consequences and if it could be used against me in the future or if I would lose decision making rights.
Those sentiments are the basis of my comments in this thread. My view is that it looks better in court to demonstrate that you tried to work amicably at coming to a consensus with your ex, tried ADR and failed, and as a last resort you are seeking court intervention to render a decision on getting kids vaccinated. It looks good optics wise that you tried to arrive at consensus the mature way rather than take matters into your own hands. It is afterall a medical decision which is to be made jointly.

Otherwise, you are painting a picture that you and ex disagreed on a joint custody decision and you flew off handle and unilaterally got them vaccinated regardless of your ex's view. That scenario demonstrates that you are difficult to cooperate with in joint custody scenarios and will do as you please regardless of what other parent thinks.
Old 01-12-2022, 10:52 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzy039 View Post
Wow..just wow. It could have all been avoided if the kids were just vaxed? You have indicated you are vaxed and are now testing positive? You do realize you still have to isolate? You can still catch and spread covid if you are vaxed. So not quite sure how you feel it could have been avoided? The majority of the cases in hospital are vaxed.

Ya you might want to check your data. Majority of cases in the hospital and ICU are unvaccinated. Not to mention those fully vaccinated in hospital and dying have co-morbidities like diabetes, heart conditions, lung disease, transplants etc.

More than likely the illness of the poster was the result of his immunity waning which experts have said will happen. All this extra effort was probably why he wasnt able to get boosted. Not to mention they all would have had reduced illness impact if the kids and mom had been vaccinated.

Go read your copy of Druthers and adjust your tin hat.
Old 01-12-2022, 11:31 AM
Banned

pinkHouses has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzy039 View Post
There is a difference between could and would.
Your questions are not productive and you need to hit social media for a fix.
Old 01-12-2022, 11:37 AM
Banned

pinkHouses has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofrills View Post
I really like the idea of just getting them vaccinated, but worried about the future consequences and if it could be used against me in the future or if I would lose decision making rights.
Maybe your ex changed their mind and getting vaccinated isn't such a big deal for them now.

The consensus was:
1. Book a vaccination appointment for the children.
2. Notify the ex about the date and that you will proceed unless they object.
My add on: 3. Give them a reminder every week and into total give them at least 3 weeks.

You will need to add one more step, consult with the doctor to see what they think the timing of the vaccination should be. There may be another version come March.

This puts the ball in their court. They can object to them getting vaccinated and you take this objection and put it in your motion OR they say nothing and the kids are vaccinated.
Old 01-12-2022, 11:48 AM

gzy039 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Ya you might want to check your data. Majority of cases in the hospital and ICU are unvaccinated. Not to mention those fully vaccinated in hospital and dying have co-morbidities like diabetes, heart conditions, lung disease, transplants etc.

More than likely the illness of the poster was the result of his immunity waning which experts have said will happen. All this extra effort was probably why he wasn�t able to get boosted. Not to mention they all would have had reduced illness impact if the kids and mom had been vaccinated.

Go read your copy of Druthers and adjust your tin hat.

I'm from Ontario. This data can be found at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data

In ICU:
Unvaccinated cases: 157
Partially: 19
Fully vaccinated: 167

In hospital but not ICU:
Unvaccinated cases: 674
Partially vaccinated cases: 163
Fully vaccinated cases: 1813

You are correct, the majority of people with covid do have 4 or more co-morbidities which means it doesn't affect healthy people the same way as people with co-morbidities.

Perhaps you should do some research instead of just watching the mainstream media which is doing nothing but trying to instill fear in people.
Old 01-12-2022, 12:22 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough
Default Covid Vaccination for kids 8 and 11.

I get my data from the Ontario Science Table.

https://covid19-sciencetable.ca/ontario-dashboard/

If you scroll down they have some really good charts showing the actual comparisons.

Vaccinated individuals can still get it but their risk of severe disease and outcomes is lower. Which was what the drug companies said from the get go.
Old 01-12-2022, 01:48 PM

StillPaying has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Unless there's a medical exemption, even if it's made up by the other parent, feel free to skip mediation and just get your child vaxxed. If medical concerns are raised, then a motion would be reasonable.