Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Worker

I have joint shared custody of child.
    My question is if my ex has to inform me if they are taking child to see a child psychologist/social worker? Our child acts up once and awhile. I feel the behaviour is typical for any child in kindergarten. Overall and most of the time our child is well behaved. The child has no issues in school or with other people. I think my ex has trouble disciplining.

So, do I need to be informed if the child is being taken to any sort of appointment?

Most orders say something about joint decisions on medical care. What does yours say? Also, if shes paying, why do you care?

Comment

Yes, it says we both have access to info and reports regarding health and medical care.
      Why do I care? Because as a loving and caring parent with shared equal access I feel sending our child to some sort of therapist, without at least letting me know, is my concern. If my ex feels there is a need or concern to send child to therapy shouldn't I be notified?

Comment

Personally yes I think you should be notified but at the same time, if these are issues she is having at her place maybe she is partaking in family counseling with the child. How do you know she has the child in counseling?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X