Divorce Act insight: no longer "child of the marriage"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kidsRworthit View Post
    Your insight and positive convictions on the Junior A hockey billet opportunity for aspiring/talented athletes is much appreciated!
    You've raised a number of points regarding the positive life experience this opportunity fosters. Good for you in so doing!

Clarification: based on my personal situation, I feel that there has indeed existed a material change in circumstances, justifying why my son is no longer a "child of the marriage", and no longer entitled to child support.

Notes:
    assuming next, court ordered/FRO enforced Child Support is a non-issue:
    1. there is every intention to provide support (financial/guidance) towards my (soon 19 yrs. old) son's Jr. hockey initiative and (especially) post-secondary education;

2. I desire to pursue ^1. on MY terms. (that's the essence of my issue, and likely many others in a similar situation to mine)

3. there is a consistent (court identified) pattern of behaviour by the other parent (yes contempt finding;(; of actions taken which are contrary to court orders, spirit of court endorsements, and regrettably harmful to the children.
    Totally fair enough and I don't your history or story, only been on this forum ~a year. Glad to hear you would support him in whatever manner that is.

And the step dad interfering is just his opinion here. No one else, only the GM and/or coach of a team can say if he's good enough or not. Step dads opinion does not matter one little bit..

I wish you, and your child all the luck. And I really do hope he gets to play on a Junior A team. It will something he will always look back on with much happiness. There wont be any regrets.

Also if you have any questions about my experience as a billet mom please feel free to send me a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LMum View Post
      Totally fair enough and I don't your history or story, only been on this forum ~a year. Glad to hear you would support him in whatever manner that is.

And the step dad interfering is just his opinion here. No one else, only the GM and/or coach of a team can say if he's good enough or not. Step dads opinion does not matter one little bit..

I wish you, and your child all the luck. And I really do hope he gets to play on a Junior A team. It will something he will always look back on with much happiness. There wont be any regrets.

Also if you have any questions about my experience as a billet mom please feel free to send me a PM.
      This forum possesses a wealth of information. Though patience and perseverance are required; sharing information in "one's time of need", is a true strength of this tool!

Aside: my daughter's previous bf is a hockey goalie, whom spent last season playing for a team in Wyoming, USA: and billeted with the coaches' family.
      Thanks to billet families (like yours), a diverse/next level hockey experience may be realized by kids!

Comment

Originally posted by LMum View Post
        The chances of them talking to an NHL scout going into this league is very very rare and should not be a factor in any decision. They come, they play and then they talk to Uni scouts. The number of kids getting committed to a uni and then scholarship is much higher. So short term pain (paying for Junior A), for long team gain (scholarship).
        Sorry to say but, very few of these opportunities exist. Its a myth really. Its a 1% or something of players that get full ride.

Partial rides in the US are more common and still cost like 25-30k CND a year to cover.

I know... Trust me.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X