No announcement yet.

New here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just going to jump in here and redirect. Nobody here has to justify their abuse situation to anyone here. There are many different kinds of abuse and that is NOT what this thread is about so let's keep this on topic related to OP questions about the seperation process.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkHouses
      "I am scared of him in some ways - he’s creepy, sneaky, and dishonest and mean"......oh, you are right!
      I looked up creepy, sneaky, dishonest and mean in the criminal code and there it was! A crime of abuse!!!

I found it under the section related to the board game Monopoly.
      So now your saying people asking for advice here and telling their story in their own words need to use words from the criminal code? That ridiculous and you know it. She was abused!! She has proof !! leave her alone!! Sounds to me you just don't like women who are about to call out their abusers..

Men like you should never comment on a post where a women was abused.

There - I said it !! many have thought it. NEVER compare abuse to a game of monopoly. It is NOT FUNNY!

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
        Just going to jump in here and redirect. Nobody here has to justify their abuse situation to anyone here. There are many different kinds of abuse and that is NOT what this thread is about so let's keep this on topic related to OP questions about the seperation process.

Thank you.
        I agree and thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by LMum View Post
          So now your saying people asking for advice here and telling their story in their own words need to use words from the criminal code? That ridiculous and you know it. She was abused!! She has proof !! leave her alone!! Sounds to me you just don't like women who are about to call out their abusers..

Men like you should never comment on a post where a women was abused.

There - I said it !! many have thought it. NEVER compare abuse to a game of monopoly. It is NOT FUNNY!
          don't take the bait. ignore it.

This place is a wealth of advice and information. but it can also be off-putting if you are a victim of intimate-partner violence, in any form.

There is another category surrounding Domestic Violence.

Comment

I too was abused + was violently hit by my intimate partner. I too bare the scars of it.

I am a man.

I feel it is unjust that my opinion is declared irrelevant or that I am declared less of a human being on this subject because I am a man.

Some of the best advice here:
            All depends on how much you want to bicker over things such as parenting time and supports. Remember, your lawyer is not your friend. He/she may encourage you to fight for the moon...especially when abuse is alleged.
            Last edited by pinkHouses; 04-27-2022, 05:17 PM.

Comment

At least he’s still paying all the bills and expenses. When my ex me in the house he left it up to me to pay everything. I had no job and was a stay at home mom for 18 years. Buckle up. Took over 5 years to reach a settlement.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma2016 View Post
                At least he’s still paying all the bills and expenses. When my ex me in the house he left it up to me to pay everything. I had no job and was a stay at home mom for 18 years. Buckle up. Took over 5 years to reach a settlement.
                In theory, this sounds like a good thing. Unfortunately, it opens the door for occupational rent claims and that gets expensive very quickly.

Equalizing the assets as early as possible is ideal.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X