Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drafting Case Conference - dealing with lies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drafting Case Conference - dealing with lies.

I filed a Form 15 and received a response. Affidavits were not filled in for either.
    The ex has simply created a false narrative with false statements to support that narrative. Things they know are not true.

When I write my Case Conference Brief and affidavit should I be
    a) Trying to prove those statements false and use up evidence space.
    b) Say they are false and point out there is no evidence for them.
    c) Ignore them.

What can I hope to get out of a case conference where the other side are pathological liars?

Originally posted by pinkHouses View Post
    I filed a Form 15 and received a response. Affidavits were not filled in for either.
    The ex has simply created a false narrative with false statements to support that narrative. Things they know are not true.

When I write my Case Conference Brief and affidavit should I be
    a) Trying to prove those statements false and use up evidence space.
    b) Say they are false and point out there is no evidence for them.
    c) Ignore them.

What can I hope to get out of a case conference where the other side are pathological liars?
    Case conference briefs do not form part of the continuing record. I would (c) ignore them. The whole point of a case conference is to seek disclosure requests and possibly setting things before bringing motions etc... Not much usually happens at them.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X