This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Support PAyments Schedule

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if you have to pay your child support on a certain day of each month or if you have to keep it consistent. I was under the impression that CS was paid monthly and as long as you paid within the month you were ok. I'm just asking because I sometimes have to change the days I pay my ex and he gets ~pissy~ about it, but I do pay him full and by the end of the month all the time. It doesn't state in our divorce that it must be paid on a schedule, just that it is paid monthly. Thanks

Some measure of consistency in the payment is a matter of common sense and courtesy.

Comment

CS should be paid by the first of each month. The problem with paying at varying times during the month is that it plays havoc with the other parent's finances. I used to pay during the month and it caused nothing but headaches and fights - it's been much nicer on the 1st of the month schedule. Once you get ahead enough to pay on the 1st, then its easy after that because no matter when your money comes in during the month, it doesn't impact your ex.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X