CAS is a waste of time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAS is a waste of time

Children's Aide Services is a waste of time, at least that's been my experience. I posted a topic on here how I had credible reason to believe there was abuse going on in my ex wives house and that I reported it to CAS. CAS assured me the report would remain anonymous and they would handle it as if a neighbour reported the issue.

What happened is my daughter told my girlfriend that her mother and new boyfriend were hitting each other. I talked to CAS and they asked if my daughter was experiencing any issues. I stated that nightmares were on the rise of late but that I wasn't sure it was related. I had requested that CAS not let my ex know it was me who called or that my daughter told my girlfriend about the possible abuse occuring in order to protect the trust my daughter had with my GF. CAS assured me the report would remain anonymous and they would handle it as if a neighbour reported the issue. I get a call from my ex mother in law asking how dare I call CAS over some nightmares.

I have called the case worker for answers but as of yet have not reached her. I am just fuming mad.

Your daugther probably told your ex, or had it coerced from her by your ex or her boyfriend. The CAS doesn't divulge referral sources.

What did the CAS do?

Comment

My daughter has not been at my ex's in a few weeks, so no she did not divulge the info to my ex. CAS has done nothing as of yet other then apparently "laugh about it" with my ex.

Comment

how horrible!! It's possible that they figured out who called from the information provided. who else would know about her having nightmares but the few people who care for her?

How did you find out they knew??

Comment

it is certainly possible they figured it out on that, but it begs the question of why are the nightmares the relevant issue and not the reports of violence?

I found out they knew because my ex mother in law called to yell at me about it.

Comment

Probably they are trying to ignore the abuse or they weren't given the full information from the report. You can't let her get to you. What you did was best for your daughter.

Comment

their probably just guessing its you, I highly doubt that CAS would divulge who the source is. I'm surprised they even took names, I've called CAS about my step-daughter like 3 times and they never take names, I don't think they've even opened a file, I even called yesterday regarding my daughter and no names were taken and I was calling regarding possible sexual abuse......

Comment

They apparently were just fishing. I spoke with the ex mother in law last night and she admitted she had no idea who called.

Sexual abuse and they took no names? take it higher...

Comment

CAS won't give out names, but they offer so much information about the nature of the complaint that it's very easy to figure it out. They will say things like "We had a complaint from a parent at the school (CLUE) who was concerned because their daughter (CLUE) is the same age (CLUE) and in your son's class (CLUE) and they have talked about this issue with you several times before (CLUE)".

Comment

They told her... Go with your gut... I had CAS investigate an issue and then not only did they not fully investigate (medical records etc...). They then sent out letter for both lawyers to get saying that I called to make a report and that I made false allegations... My situation went straight downhill from there, courts tore me a new one... I followed up with CAS asking why they didn't look into medical records, factual information etc... in a letter. They reneged their investigation findings based on this information, and could not say for sure why the worker didn't record the information on file during the investigation, and then went on vacation immediately following the letter and closing the file, then going back on vacation after I had the court provide mutual consent to have the complete CAS disclosed. CAS then forgot ;-) or didn't feel it was necessary to provide a similar update letter of findings to anyone involved (except me which was very poorly written and skimmed underlying issues). I guess eventually the truth will come out at trial, but my life and my children's situation has been severely affected by this "simple / accidental oversight" in the interim.

Comment

Sorry you have had a hard time Scared and Confused.

You may wish to start your own thread about CAS if you have concerns. This thread is almost four years old and many of the people on it may have moved on.

Comment

Oh that's ok, I just saw it while posting a more serious topic in another category... Perhaps someone might get some insight from it if they come across it like I did.

Comment

Originally posted by ScaredandConfused View Post
                          Oh that's ok, I just saw it while posting a more serious topic in another category... Perhaps someone might get some insight from it if they come across it like I did.
                          Fair enough.

Comment

While I have never experienced anything with CAS, I know a couple that has. Bottom line, try to avoid dealing with them at all costs, they are an evil organization. They are funded according to their case loads, so it's in their interest to keep stuff ongoing whether it's warranted or not. This organization should have been shut down year's back, evil, evil place.

Comment

I had similiar experiences with cas,fire dept was called falsly to our house,so police got involved ,officer spoke to me and asked what was going on,so i started telling him the story of her bipolar episodes and coast was involved on several occaisions also, he said i will handle things from now on..

cas was called in,spoke to each of us ,the worker could see the problem and said he would do anything possible to help, -- wrong I was a male so i was on wrong side of the wall ,doing all the right things.
                              Gave me the thrid degree ,threatened to take my daughter out of house unless i found a place for her temp. I found a place at a freinds house ,.
                              The worker said that ex has all kind of mental issues to me and tried to get her to the dr. ,even said she followed her and waited for her to go ..her hands were tied and she couldnt help me anym ore ,she said you are doing the right things about keeping your daughter safe .
                              Kids were interviewed at school etc. the worker did actually nothing ,tried to ask what i can do ,and nothing ,just some suggestions for agency's .
                              They sent a letter to say they investigated per the worker, I did not see this letter and requested a new one,never received it.
                              Never call cas on your selves unless the situation is threatening to your children .
                              Things can be handled by yourself better than an agency that doesnt care.

In my forms ,there is a spot for cas involvement ,i checked it for the courts and signed a waiver for courts to ask there involvement.
                              That was the first time they were involved.
                              Second time was my ex phoning from hospital and saying I was an alcoholic.The same worker investigated ,she found nothing wrong ,closed the case and sent a letter saying they investigated a complaint from ex about alchol and found nothing wrong. I was furious at this letter and phoned her up and complained about her, I said you know the problem ,you know what i do ,and this is what you put in the letter.. they dont care .

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X