Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My ex and her boyfriend tell our daughter that he is her real daddy. Nothing we can do really right.

Comment

Giving false allegations boils my blood!

These women should be ashamed of themselves!

Great parenting there - your daddy's a pedophile - that's not going to screw a kid up for life at all.

GRRRRR !@#$%^^%$#

Comment

Originally posted by karmaseeker View Post
        Giving false allegations boils my blood!

These women should be ashamed of themselves!

Great parenting there - your daddy's a pedophile - that's not going to screw a kid up for life at all.

GRRRRR !@#$%^^%$#
        yea
        I think anyone who did such thing should loose parental rights for life (I am not sure that there is such things in Canada)

Comment

The problem being that CAS just chooses to stop investigating when they realize that its false. Then they say that they cannot confirm any abuse but they cannot prove it false either and let it stay at that, and then your ex can use that and place the idea of doubt into the courts head for an advantage. CAS refuses to look into the problem of why an allegation is being made.

Comment

Originally posted by fireweb13 View Post
            If everyone said there was nothing you can do with a huge problem then you would never get anywhere. I know that my case is no different, and probably a lot less bad than others but if we stand divided then we are 1 voice. What have any of you done to improve the situation? I am just starting to work on this and its a long battle, I am hardened by dealing with it but I gotta go forward. If anyone wants to discuss their issues with false allegations with CAS then I want to hear it. We gotta have action now. I don't want to be having the same conversation in 10 years with people about how there is a problem and nothing has been done.

I feel the same with the whole damn system - (sorry rather snarky as of late) I'm sick of seeing people get shafted.

What did I do?
            ~Wrote to the PM, every single MP and a handful of appropriate MPP's.
            ~wrote to The Globe and mail, the star, McLeans.
            ~Started a dad's rights page to post new articles.
            ~Signed every petition that comes my way.

I alone won't change the world but I'll do all that I can to try to change it.

Comment

If more of us do it maybe we will enact change. At least we can say that we used our voices right.

Comment

Trust me CAS does not "fear" courtwatch at all. They are a bunch of ill informed scorned parents who think they know what they are talking about and really don't have a clue. Stay away from them.

Comment

Hockeydal do you care to explain a bit of your bitterness with us? I have spoken to one of the founders of Canada Court Watch before and at least from what I have seen he is not an " Ill Informed scorned parent". Though if you feel that Canada Court Watch is not any good, then tell me what you have tried to do to help out other people dealing with CAS and Family court?

Comment

I've been targetted by CAS as well. In other posts about CAS on these forums I discussed how we discovered my friend (ok girlfriend's) baby was found with a swollen seriously bruised penis at bathtime after being at daycare all day.

Rushed to ER for treatment and diagnosis, only to have her parental rights terminated by CAS for more than a month before they gave her kids back. To make matters worse, CAS and the police continue to investigate me and have told me I cannot see her children or my own son. It has been more than 2 months so far without more than a single 1 hour supervised access visit.

Last time I was interrogated by the police (a few days ago), the police dropped a huge folder of evidence on the table which contained nothing but garbage from my ex wife. My ex wife has nothing to do with the situation nor does anything she has to say as we haven't had contact for more than a year... yet not surprisingly the police and CAS are quite happy to listen to her over my girlfriend, my family or any of the kids.

I have no idea how to halt the investigation and dispose of the false allegations.

Comment

Originally posted by winterwolf7 View Post
                      I have no idea how to halt the investigation and dispose of the false allegations.
                      I recommend you start reading William Eddy and Dean Tong. Another good resource is Randi Kregger as well. They all have materials on false allegations and how to deal with them.

False allegations of abuse are a form of abuse.

Good Luck!
                      Tayken

Comment

Originally posted by hockeydal View Post
                        Trust me CAS does not "fear" courtwatch at all. They are a bunch of ill informed scorned parents who think they know what they are talking about and really don't have a clue. Stay away from them.
                        I can't agree nor disagree with this statement. I think the problem with Courtwatch is how they present their materials.

The things to observe:

1. They have identified a systematic problem with CAS potentially.
                        2. They present material on their observations. They try to research the problem and recommend solutions but, there is some zealous attitude that masks their message in my opinion.
                        3. They haven't provided (from what I can see) any information that accurately addresses the systemic issues they are attempting to address. They just tend to find evidence and point to it as the truth.
                        4. If they could more analytically apply the evidence they collect against relevant clinical support materials and other relevant materials they could have an impact.

I don't consider what they do and what they are trying to focus on as "wrong". There just seems to be a lot of noise in the message they are putting out.

Good Luck!
                        Tayken

Comment

Rushed to ER for treatment and diagnosis, only to have her parental rights terminated by CAS for more than a month before they gave her kids back. To make matters worse, CAS and the police continue to investigate me and have told me I cannot see her children or my own son. It has been more than 2 months so far without more than a single 1 hour supervised access visit.
                          They have to have WAY more evidence than this to apprehend children from the parent, AND they have to bring you to court within 5 days of doing so to prove to a judge why it was needed. ie. they have to actually have evidence to back themselves up. So unfortunately there appears to be WAY more to this.

Otherwise your friend would have had to willing sign over her children to CAS.

In regards to CAS, "SOME" provinces have an ombudsman's office that oversees issues with CAS. Here in New Brunswick they do, and I was able to leverage their involvement to have my ex's file re-evaluated regarding it's risk level.

It's supposed to be done on ANY major change in the file, in her case, she had a convicted felon (convicted for child endangerment) around the kids, which should automatically placed it at high risk.

I'm lucky in a sense, because not only did CAS royally mis-handle the file, but I can prove it, AND they know I can prove it. It's now to the point that they autoclosed the last complaint my ex tried to make, without so much as a phone call to me. (Note: This technically violates their own process, they HAVE to investigate, but I have literally SO much dirt on them at the moment, that it'd be criminal harassment for them to come anywhere near me or my kids again).

Comment

The problem we're running into is two-fold:

CAS will not disclose the nature of the risks they have perceived. They won't even disclose the details of the file to the parents of the children, the parents have asked and been refused.

The mother of the children is not willing to take the risk of having them apprehended and placed into foster care and has cooperated with them instead.

And as I've learned, CAS really doesn't care about the courts. They ignore court orders all the time. Even my psychologist was telling me about cases he was involved with where CAS acted in such a manner and gets away with it.

The problem is that they are accountable to no one in Ontario, they are almost completely above the law, and they rule completely through fear to the point where our family is even afraid to ask valid questions out of terror of CAS making our lives even worse by "stirring the pot". Every time the mother asks any question of the CAS worker, or asserts the facts of the case, the CAS worker writes down in her notes that the parents are not cooperating and refuses to give us any information.

Their method of operating in our case is to literally call us, tell us our access to our children has been removed, and hang up. Then they stone wall against all questions, and threaten court action at the slightest sign of resistance. The lack of investigation and completely lack of evidence is shocking. They have actual refused physical evidence of our child's injuries so that they have the luxury of blaming us instead of going after the real perpetrator because it would be more work for them.
                            Last edited by winterwolf7; 11-18-2011, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Are the children in the care of the CAS currently? If they are, they are $$$, an asset. If the mother doesn't co-operate, what's going to happen? Try not co-operating...I know it sounds silly but, do you really think the CAS has a leg to stand on? Tell you what, next time they cancel your access...serve them something! Your not playing the game right...Listen for what they don't want, and give them lots of that!!! Works for me every time! This isn't a friendly game of cards here folks.

Comment

The situation is a bit complicated naturally. The mother and I have been dating for a year, the children are hers and her ex-husbands. We spent most of each week together at her place with the kids but have kept separate residences. CAS has actually ignored me completely as they are not legally my kids and I am not a permanent resident in their home. Instead they communicate with my girlfriend's ex husband (who doesn't like me and has been very jealous of me spending time with his kids). Of course he is completely ecstatic by me not being able to see his kids.

The CAS used the police to conduct a criminal investigation into the baby's injury. That investigation is stalled and no one has been charged. The police have kept me listed as a "person of interest". The CAS justification for banning my access to the family seems to be because I am a person of interest. A bit more prodding has revealed that this specific restriction of no contact was requested by the detective in charge of the investigation. However I have done nothing wrong, there is no evidence that indicates I have ever hurt her children or my own, and no one has even investigated that angle. No one is being charged, but why bother with a trial when the detective can manipulate the system to punish me without needing the burden of evidence?

It seems that CAS is stonewalling us until I submit to a polygraph test. However I have no interest in a polygraph, I have studied them and know how unreliable they are. I am known for having above average social anxiety and it seems likely I would fail a polygraph because of it. I have approached both doctors and psychologists about this. Considering what I have been subjected to since July, the anxiety and stress are higher now than they've ever been in my life. I am not currently medicated but I wish I was.

Personally I am all for calling CAS out on their bullshit and forcing them to play with their cards on the table. However, they are not my kids to gamble with and my girlfriend will not risk losing them again. She already lost them for a month at the beginning of the investigation until they cleared her and she will never go through that again.

I have hired a criminal attorney to gather evidence to present to the police and CAS in order to have them clear me. However this is both very time consuming and expensive, and in reality there is little guarantee that CAS will lift the restrictions on our life as long as my girlfriend is willing to cooperate with them out of fear of losing her kids. They have us between a rock and a hard place.

Edit: To answer the question above, she has the kids back in her care, with shared custody with her ex husband. So having them apprehended again is a valid fear, though in most people's eyes, not a likely situation.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X