how does the court look at the 50 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how does the court look at the 50 50

So...the SBTX wants to have an agreement that includes her taking care of the food for the kids and preparing their lunches, buying their cloth and groceries. Average she spends 1 hour.
    I am waking them up in the morning, getting them ready driving them to daycare ..picking them up from daycare..supervising their routing of changing their cloth and bedtime routine ...driving them to the activites..taking care of them 75 % of the time on the weekends doing homework with them.
    SBTX Argues she is doing more than 50 %..i don't believe that true..
    If this is the. I am paying all their expenses due to SBTX loss of job (lack of work) Status quo I have better chances to get the kids more than 50 % of the time, if I go to court?

Thanks

50-50 is for AFTER the parents live in separate houses, and is most often counted by how many overnights the kids have at each home. If you each have, on average, 3 or 4 overnights a week, you have 50-50 access.

If you are still both living in the same home and each doing some daily parenting, you have 50-50 by default. Also, before you have divided your finances and moved to separate homes, CS hasn't kicked in yet and it doesn't matter who is contributing to what expenses.

Just stick with the basic agreement template. Assume 50-50 access, on a schedule that has you each with 7 overnights over a two week period, with an offset CS payment. Each of you will do your own grocery shopping, each of you will prepare the lunches on your school days, each of you will have clothing at your house and each of you will do the bedtime routine at your own home.

If think 50-50 is not in the children's bests interests, then status quo will be more important. Right now it is probably in your favour, but you need to be documenting that you are the primary parent if that is the case. Keep a journal of your parenting, how often you help with homework, how often you do the bedtime routine, how often you are the one driving them places. Sneak some grocery shopping and lunch prep in there if you like, to demonstrate that you are capable of those tasks once you live in separate houses.

Comment

I am paying all their expenses due to SBTX loss of job (lack of work) Status quo I have better chances to get the kids more than 50 % of the time, if I go to court?

No

Comment

Did you take time off from work/give u career to stay at home and look after your kids?

Comment

Anytime one of the kids are sick...I am the one taking the time off. Doctors appointments..dentists..all me..excuse I can't drive. By the kids alone..kids are too much in public

Comment

^ Did you document all this? Am sure the folks at all these appts can attest to your visit

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X