Motion is coming up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LawHelp View Post
    My personal opinion is that if you can speak English, don't have anxiety in front of a judge and have access to a forum like this, you can represent your case better than any legal aid lawyer.
    Um, that's complete nonsense. I know some lawyers who do take legal aid certificates, and they care about their clients and do a good job for them.

Duty counsel lawyers tend not to be as good, but they have limited time to spend with each person and often a ton of people want to see them.

Of course, the best option is to find the most senior family lawyer you can find, pay him $200 or $300 bucks an hour, and have him or her run with your case.

Comment

Motion is coming up

I beg to differ...To each their own... As for myself I haven't had a good experience with legal aid lawyers... There might be some that are good at what they do..only some... But majority are newbies and don't guide properly. I probably know more than the legal aid lawyers and the duty counsels. The lesson I learnt after getting screwed up by legal aid lawyer, I myself am the best advocate for myself. If you have a good head and the TIME to read read and read upon family law and case laws... You have a better chance in being well represented.

Comment

I had 2 legal aid lawyers and they both sucked. I had one private and she did a great job. Now I found this senior lawyer and it is pending weather she is gonna accept the ticket. I read her ratings online and they are weird. 6 people gave all 1 out of 5 for every category such as knowledge, call return etc....and 6 people gave 5 out of 5. I doubt that a lawyer with 30 years of experience can be bad.

also, LawHelp, for a decent easy case a lawyer is more or less needed if like you say we educate ourselves but for tough cases you can read forever but without a lawyer...only a few can make a good fight.
        Last edited by The Iceberg; 04-26-2015, 05:06 AM.

Comment

I agree! Doing it the whole nine yards is definitely not easy and everyone's cup of tea.

Having access to a forum such as this is quite helpful. This way u can ask your lawyers questions and be comfortable with what is going on.

Lawyer with 30 yrs experience must be knowledgeable .

Good luck!!!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X