This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBC program on custody and sexual assault

There is an interesting program on custody and sexual assault on CBC Radio 1 - "The Current." Playing right now but you may still be able to get access to the program after it it has concluded.

I must have just missed it. Oh well.

Comment

I think it will be available in the archives. I will try and post the link to the program.

In any case, the key questions being discussed included:

To what extent do those accused/convicted of alleged sexual assault have any parental rights? Can their parental rights be terminated? To what extent can the alleged or convicted rapist have a right to custody or access? Should parental rights only be terminated in cases where someone has been convicted in criminal court? Can "allegations" of sexual assault be used falsely to gain custody by one parent against the other in family court? Is there ever a case where a child of rape/sexual assault should have to have contact with the rapist?

Should have added that parental rights being discussed in the program are specifically related to the child that was born as a result of the alleged/convicted rape or sexual assault.
      Last edited by Nadia; 12-05-2012, 11:33 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X