Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oink, what's your opinion of Diane Lane? She's up there with Susan Sarandon and Juliana, in my book ...

Comment

I like simple tailored lines, classic clothing. I love fitted suits and have quite a few of them, but can't find many places to wear them to, except if I go to court. As for skinny jeans, I'm trying to wear out my old ones which were fitted before I lost weight.

I'm not going to send you any photos of me Oink as I need to protect some privacy. If there is any celebrity I could be compared to, I guess it would be Helen Mirren.

Comment

Originally posted by caranna View Post

I'm not going to send you any photos of me Oink as I need to protect some privacy. If there is any celebrity I could be compared to, I guess it would be Helen Mirren.
        Hi Caranna! I hope that you are doing well? Since we are on the subject of celebrity look-alikes I've been told that I would easily pass for Howard Stern's twin sister hahahaha, though I think it has more to do with my character lol!

Comment

Oink - Angelina Jolie?? Really? I admire her charitable work and her breast cancer advocacy, but she looks just way too computer-generated. There's a reason her first big break was playing a video game character.

IMDb: Most beautiful actresses over 45 years old - a list by Mario601

(^^ I can't figure out how to paste a link properly - anyway, the above links to a list of "Most Beautiful Actresses Over 45"). I've been told I look a bit like Laura Linney - which I take as meaning I look Scottish and wholesome - but if I had my druthers, I'd wake up tomorrow as Marisa Tomei.

You know who consistently looks great (in a completely age-appropriate way) from her 20s through her 70s? Ann-Margret. Sexy *and* classy. My bf and I were having one of those semi-serious "who would you turn gay for?' conversations and I admitted I might cross the line for the Ann-Margret of the otherwise dreadful Elvis movies.

Comment

Originally posted by oink View Post
            Am able to touch my toes, and can see my knob without my gut being in the way I am by now way skinny, never have been. For a guy my weight and height, I can also leap off the ground in a stationary position more than the average person. All this by not going to the gym
            Are there people in their 30's who actually have trouble touching their toes?

Even when I was much larger I could do it no problem.

Originally posted by oink View Post
            There are days I wake up and feel like am 21....I go out there and blast through 5km in 17mins, and there are days that I wake and feel like am
            I wake up many days feeling very young. Others like I'm 70 lol

5k in 17 mins is very impressive.

My best is 29:32 but that's down from the 36-37 mark. I'll keep working at it.

I really pushed my run last night 5:15 pace until the last 2 km's and my legs were burning. Still more work to do on my Vo2.

Comment

I have a pony.

Comment

I'm 5' 10" currently about 205-210. I'd like to get to 190.
                lol....I'm almost 5'10 myself...around 130 pounds. In heels (I like at least the 4 inch ones)...I'm well above 6 feet so height was one of my rare physical requirements.

I totally have hockey legs (tree trunks) from all the skating I do. I think I would definitely looks sick at my "healthy" weight of 135 - 170 (19 - 24 bmi) I'm about 3% above the average fat percentage. I have a feeling being 190 would put me in the average zone.
                I don't care about weight so much as health. (135-160 on a real man???...lol ugh, too skinny. Bony men are not attractive...trust me, don't do it!) I dated people into healthy lifestyles since its compatible for the way I live. Otherwise, physical stuff isn't really important...nor should it be. Shallow people are often very lonely people or with equally pathetic partners.

Comment

Originally posted by stripes View Post
                  That's really terrible - good for you for getting out of it, and good for your neighbours for not just standing by.

I don't believe anyone can be "baited" into acts of physical violence. You either have self-control or you don't - and if you don't, you better get some because you are not a civilized human being.

I witnessed something last night that I am unsure how I feel about it. Our neighbours daughter was outside arguing with her boyfriend. He was in his car and she was standing outside of it. As they argued she was reaching inside the car and punching him and spitting in his face. She did this approx 6 times through out the 20 minute dispute. People say that you should never hit a woman. I have a hard time justifying the need for equality when someone like this beats the crap out of her boyfriend but if he even raised a hand, he would be lynched.

Needless to say, he just left and good for him but if I was him, I am not sure I could have contained myself.

There was more than enough provocation here to give her at least one good slap. ( I know it sounds mean but is it based solely because she is female?) equality comes with the bad stuff too. If you want to raise your hand to someone, prepare to get it back.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by forthekids View Post
                    I witnessed something last night that I am unsure how I feel about it. Our neighbours daughter was outside arguing with her boyfriend. He was in his car and she was standing outside of it. As they argued she was reaching inside the car and punching him and spitting in his face. She did this approx 6 times through out the 20 minute dispute. People say that you should never hit a woman. I have a hard time justifying the need for equality when someone like this beats the crap out of her boyfriend but if he even raised a hand, he would be lynched.

Needless to say, he just left and good for him but if I was him, I am not sure I could have contained myself.

There was more than enough provocation here to give her at least one good slap. ( I know it sounds mean but is it based solely because she is female?) equality comes with the bad stuff too. If you want to raise your hand to someone, prepare to get it back.

Thoughts?
                    Thoughts? Two wrongs never make a right. Hitting may explain hitting back, but shouldn't justfy it. And I would say especially in this case where he had the ability to simply leave.

As I explained, I survived several attemps to push me to violence, without resorting to it, and while yes it isn't easy, its better to walk away than hit back. If you hit back, then you are sinking to their level. These I things I learned in martial arts, and some of my teachers insisted on me accepting this before they would teach me.

My only exception would be in self defense. If you are truly afraid of permanent damage or death, then you have to defend youself, and that may require the use of force, but even then, only as a last resort.

Comment

I agree 2 wrongs do not make a right. My point was to the comment of being baited into acts of physical violence. I truly felt so bad for this guy as he kept his composure while getting his ass handed to him by his girlfriend. I also feel bad for not doing anything in a sense. My fiance and I turned away while this guy was getting beat. If the roles were reversed and he was hitting her, I am sure we would have acted differently. Why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by forthekids View Post

Thoughts?
                        You should have called the police.

I know that sounds bad, but it is assault. Intervention at a young age may prevent it in the future.

I recently saw something on tv where the filmed a man being abusive towards a women in public and what happened. Many called the police. They then did the same thing but with the women hitting the man. Only one person called the police. They also interviewed the passerby's asking why or why they didn't do anything. I'll try and find it.

EDIT: here it is ABC news

www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8I2izyaJYI‎

I ask you this. Had the guy been hitting the women would you have called the police?
                        Last edited by FB_; 10-11-2013, 02:55 PM.

Comment

That's what I am trying to say. I can't even justify my own lack of reaction to this. If she was getting beat up, I think my fiance and I would have intervened for her safety and then called the police. But why did we not do anything? Or would we have waited until he hit her back to intervene. I am totally second guessing myself on this.

Comment

From what you say here, it sounds like you did the right thing. The boyfriend had the means to escape the situation - driving away - and he did. I think intervention would have been justified if he had not been able to free himself. If you knew the daughter well, you could have gone over and tried to distract her, but I don't think you had a moral obligation to do so if the boyfriend was
                            not in immediate danger. Depending on how well you get along with the neighbors, you might have a word with them about what you saw - they may not realize how screwed up their daughter is.

I've intervened in scenes of street violence (and I am a short not very intimidating-looking middle-aged woman), but only when it was clear the victim was being prevented from leaving, and only if I was sure it was safe for me to engage (i.e. no weapons).

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                            Working...
                            X