Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 05-13-2019, 09:11 AM

backinthesaddle is on a distinguished road
Default 2-2-3

The 2-2-3 schedule works well and many find success in it. My employment is 2-2-3 schedule and hundreds work this out with their ex. The kids donít miss either parent or home for too long. 5 days is a long time away from the other parent. We proposed this to my kids and they declined so we stayed with 2-2-3. My suggestion is to suggest that you choose a schedule that is beneficial to the kids and as it was suggested above that both parents find care on your own days and stop dropping kids off all over the place. It must be very confusing for them.
Donít bring any issues to the table other than the best interests of your children and no crappy digs st the other parent.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:23 PM

ensorcelled has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker_oats View Post
My kids are 8-9.
My best friend whom also knows the girls is moving in to the home, she will provide overnight supervision for the girls while I work but the court says they would rather avoid third party supervision since the mother is available while I work. I feel this is going against my rights as a father as I have arranged proper care as needed.

Now the above is based off the idea of 50/50 with alternating weeks

Old 05-13-2019, 02:26 PM

ensorcelled has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker_oats View Post
No Iím not trying to get out of child support thanks, Iím trying not to loose time with my kids because of my employment. Money comes and goes but time once lost canít be recovered.

What Iím trying to do is find a solution for my problem.
For 50/50 week on week off I have arrangements for child care while I work, but the issue is the court doesnít want third party supervision as I previously mentioned.. Iím trying to find examples of other cases that a third party is involved.
Option 1 like I said is a weekly rotation.
Option 2 is Iím responsible from 8am-8pm, now I know this is a weird schedule and many people would deem not ideal for the kids considering the amount of travel.
Option 3 is I change employment or become self employed which should make me available at all times. Now Iíd rather avoid this scenario considering the benifit coverage I have working for the city.

Thoughts?
But you are losing time with your children because of your employment. Many people in intact relationships lose time with their kids because of their jobs.

I'm from a very blue collar city and all of my divorced friends have custody schedules that are not typical and end up not being equal. It's just the nature of the beast. I think the person with the more manageable work arrangements (meaning they can be home with the kids) get the bulk of the % and the other person get the bulk of holidays and summers. It's not fair to your kids that your 'rights' trump their stability.