Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, Hubby, quite true. Of all the things my ex did to me when we were in the midst of separating the first time, the worst pain (except for the girlfriend) was that he stopped wearing his ring. It was a clear sign that he didn't want to be married to me.

I can't speak for all women, but such symbols are very real and meaningful to me, as a woman.

Originally posted by hubby
    Found this snipit on another board from long ago ... I'm posting it cause it caused a reaction of truth in my being ... need confirmation from the ladies!

"This is just my personal opinion:

PUT YOUR WEDDING RING ON RIGHT NOW AS IN THIS INSTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is such a potent image. We guys might say, Oh its just a ring, a symbol, it doesn't really mean anything. I bet every woman on this board would disagree. In their feeling world, symbols are everything. You and I could talk to our wives until we're blue in the face and we wouldn't get through to them as much as just seeing the ring still on our hand does. It says something so loud and yet so silent. Again my opinion is put it back on right now! It doesn't matter what she does with hers--whether its on or not (although if I were to see my W with hers on I would scream with joy) but the fact that they've taken theirs off and we still wear ours I will wager speaks to a woman's heart in a way a guy just cannot even comprehend! "

Comment

Still wearing mine...

We were never engaged or married, but my ex (6 years) finally did give me a ring a couple of years ago. He didn't believe in marriage, so this ring symbolized as much as an engagement ring or wedding ring. We broke up a few months ago but I'm still wearing the ring. I guess it symbolizes a happier time, but more than that I just love the ring. I don't think I should have to take it off just because we're not together anymore. That goes for the necklace I got at the same time. I love both pieces and feel "naked" if I don't have them on everyday.

Comment

It took me 6 months to get it back, and then only by assigning $3000 as a value on my side of the division of assets. I then traded it for $800 and bought a beautiful emerald I refer to as my divorce ring. It wa very therapeutic!!!!

Comment

I took mine off about 3 days after the separation.

I was thinking of donating the rings to an organization that gives out gifts to less fortunate families. Has anyone done this?

I also like the balloon idea.... and there's always Ebay

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X