Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 09-17-2019, 11:55 AM

AlmostThere_Hopefully is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
If the cs amounts in your offer are for years past then the actual income will be used. If it is out of date, make a new offer with arrears set out, amounts you can reasonably make going forward and then let the other side pull their head out of their ass. Its as simple as that. Throwing shit at a wall in hopes it will stick is not a good way to handle it. Your ex believes you have loads of money. If you proved you don’t then you have done your work. If she thinks you can earn more than you do, put forward the proof.

There is really no need to keep negotiating. You made an offer, let her make her move.
Thank you.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:57 AM

Janus will become famous soon enoughJanus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
There is really no need to keep negotiating. You made an offer, let her make her move.
But OP is looking to rescind the original offer.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
But OP is looking to rescind the original offer.
I want to rescind it because it's not in lines with my financials. As a matter of fact, one of my offers, where I imputed myself, was the same dollar amount the other party wanted me imputed to. Yet they rejected it! Seriously?! They wanted more! The judge even said that there will be no imputation and provided us with Divorce Mate calculations based on my true line 150. Other party said nope, not accepting. So we headed to mediation {which was a shit show) as the judge said there is no need for a trial. This is easily settled as a black and white calculation. Other party? Yep, you guessed it. They didn't agree.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:19 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Yes but if that offer is stale dated then he needs to make an updated offer knowing the info he knows now for retro and then what he anticipates going forward.

If he made an offer five years ago and his economic prospects, health and/or abilities have changed, its reasonable to make a new offer.

Example: my husband made an offer two years ago. It was based on info he had been given. His ex had made an offer based on what she thought she was entitled to. The judge told her what she was entitled to and she also admitted new info about the kids. Husband then sent an updated offer based on the truth and judge advised ex to update her offer based on what he said the law was. A new offer went out to her with updated numbers.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Yes but if that offer is stale dated then he needs to make an updated offer knowing the info he knows now for retro and then what he anticipates going forward.

If he made an offer five years ago and his economic prospects, health and/or abilities have changed, its reasonable to make a new offer.

Example: my husband made an offer two years ago. It was based on info he had been given. His ex had made an offer based on what she thought she was entitled to. The judge told her what she was entitled to and she also admitted new info about the kids. Husband then sent an updated offer based on the truth and judge advised ex to update her offer based on what he said the law was. A new offer went out to her with updated numbers.
Ahhh, ok. Thank you.