Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form 10 and 13 response

Hi Forum,

My ex has put in an application to take me to court for S7s. Her lawyer has repeatedly stated that I have not provide full financial disclosure and I'm failing to provide information.

Prior to receiving any court action, I provided the below on their request:

letter of employment with base salary
    3 years of NOA and tax returns
    Final pay stub for 2021
    most recent 3 pay stubs

They accuse me 4 times in their application that I didn't provide either my base salary or bonus, even though it's there in my final 2021 pay stub.

Ex's lawyer has requested my T4 and all, T5 Slips and all other receipts. I have a lot. Are they allowed to do this?

(Even if these slips flow into my tax return and reported my NOA.)

The only thing they are missing is the Form 13 which I am working on now.

What does your agreement say related to what you have to provide? Does it say full T1 package or simple NOA annually. They can say whatever they want but when it’s already in the materials it’s a moot argument.

On the other hand, what is the harm in providing your T4?

Comment

Separation agreement says
      NOA, tax return, letter of employment.

I have no problem giving them the my T4, it's just I have 15 other slips and it seems redundant because all these are gov't issued and linked to my tax return and NOA.

Comment

I would provide the T4 only and in your response you note that the agreement shows what is to be provided and that you did so. Further, all information they are requesting can be found in your tax return, letter of employment and paystubs but you are also providing the T4 to close the issue.

They are looking for something to accuse you of and it won’t work. If the information is all in the stuff you provided, their argument is done. Plus you will have a conference first and the judge can tell them it’s bullshit.

Comment

thank you Rockscan

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X