Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok...Interprovincial...have you taken the time to read any of the conversations going on here. Let me recap for you...my son is almost 18 years old and lives in the same house with us. When his step father disappears for days at a time...give your head a shake. He has heard us argue about it. As much as I have tried to shield him, he knows. He even confronted his step father and asked him if he was cheating on me and he was told no...I did not sit down with my son until after it all came out in the open, I never had a conversation with him before then. Funny how you are calling me the bad parent but the one who has destroyed our family by having an affair and putting us all in the situation takes no responsibility. Grab a brain!!

Comment

^^EXACTLY what Blink said...^^

Comment

Originally posted by Hopeless in Hope View Post
        Ok...Interprovincial...have you taken the time to read any of the conversations going on here. Let me recap for you...my son is almost 18 years old and lives in the same house with us. When his step father disappears for days at a time...give your head a shake. He has heard us argue about it. As much as I have tried to shield him, he knows. He even confronted his step father and asked him if he was cheating on me and he was told no...I did not sit down with my son until after it all came out in the open, I never had a conversation with him before then. Funny how you are calling me the bad parent but the one who has destroyed our family by having an affair and putting us all in the situation takes no responsibility. Grab a brain!!
        That is a gigantic load of BULLS#!T!
        You should be ashamed of yourself... not making excuses for your behaviour.

And IMHO... if the marriage was happy, then the affair probably wouldn't have happened!!

There are two sides to every story.. I am sure that you are not 100% innocent in the breakdown of the marriage.

Which is EXACTLY why adultery is irrelevant in Family Court....
        Last edited by representingself; 01-24-2011, 08:00 PM. Reason: sp..

Comment

He has heard us argue about it.
          WTH is that about - why on earth would you expose him to that?? Ridiculous.

Comment

Ahh c'mon the kid is 18 years old for God's sake, who amongst us hasn't had words with our soon to be x partner during those difficult times, (sometimes with our children around). It is wrong but it happens. Purposely dragging our children into our conflict is another matter altogether. Just for the record I disagree with what hopeless is trying too accomplish here. She should be working and moving on for sure...
            Last edited by today; 01-24-2011, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Having words with someone is far different then having a raised voice argument about an affair,IMO. Kids shouldn't be hearing about that kind of thing to begin with, much less hearing it that way.

The issue was between mom and stepdad and should have stayed there, it had nothing to do with the boy and step dad's relationship and mom has no business allowing it to affect the relationship between the two of them. She makes him out to have been a good father in the past yet because it proves her case to gain child support for him, but uses her dislike for him and the issues she has with him as an excuse to undermine the boy's relationship with him.

You can't have it both ways, either he was a good dad and she should recognize that and encourage the relationship, keeping her intimate details out of it or he wasn't a good dad and she just wants money from him.

Comment

Typical man to take the side of a lying cheating dog!!
                Typical lazy ass no job bitch who used to work and then quit her job to sit around eating bons bons on the couch letting the new guy support her and her kid and then collecting CS from that same guy once he got tired of watching her get fat so he went and found someone else.

How do you like the generalizations now?

Comment

I agree, for the most part for sure, however a being a good Dad would include not cheating on his partner thus breaking up the family. It is agreed as well that his actions have absolutley nothing to do with family law in terms of her wishing to get support. I also agree that under normal circumstances that is between the adults. He is 18 and would certainly wish to know why the relationship ended, givin his age, I would have been honest about what happened. There is no doubt there could be a number of valid reasons for his behaviour, however it is what it is.

Comment

DTTE.....lol...You kill me, tell it like is....OMG too funny...thinking this forum lost another one.......

Comment

Key word being "was" a good Dad. Like I said...he has not had any contact with my son since he left this house nor has my son contacted him. I cannot force him to see his step father nor can I keep them apart, I am neutral. He is almost 18 years old and his feelings for not wanting to see him have nothing to do with me.
                      He was a good father until he started lying, cheating and spending time away from our family to be with someone else. He has spent thousands of dollars on this new woman for hotel rooms, gas to go see her and presents which also takes away from us...
                      This new man is like a stranger to us. If I had met this person 14 years ago, I would never had gotten involved with him. His morals and values are totally different than mine. His behavior, as a parent and role model, are atrocious!! It amazes me that I am being crucified...not the liar and the cheater!! I understand that there was obviously a problem in the relationship but I was unaware. I believed him when he said he was working late or was out for drinks with friends. He still came home and climbed into our bed. This could have all been avoided if he acted like a man, not a coward, and told me he didn't love me anymore!!

Comment

The reason you think you are being crucified is because in family law adultery doesn't matter. And you certainly appear more than eager to nail him to the financial cross in family court for his infidelity.

For an 18 year old who no longer a child of the marriage (look up that term, it's relevant) no less

You don't get sympathy via family law channels for his adulterous transgressions.

That you get from your therapist.

Comment

Key word being "was" a good Dad. Like I said...he has not had any contact with my son since he left this house nor has my son contacted him. I cannot force him to see his step father nor can I keep them apart, I am neutral. He is almost 18 years old and his feelings for not wanting to see him have nothing to do with me.
                          He was a good father until he started lying, cheating and spending time away from our family to be with someone else. He has spent thousands of dollars on this new woman for hotel rooms, gas to go see her and presents which also takes away from us...
                          This new man is like a stranger to us. If I had met this person 14 years ago, I would never had gotten involved with him. His morals and values are totally different than mine. His behavior, as a parent and role model, are atrocious!! It amazes me that I am being crucified...not the liar and the cheater!! I understand that there was obviously a problem in the relationship but I was unaware. I believed him when he said he was working late or was out for drinks with friends. He still came home and climbed into our bed. This could have all been avoided if he acted like a man, not a coward, and told me he didn't love me anymore!!
                          The relationship between the two of you changed and you allowed it to poison the son's relationship. Regardless of age, that's just unacceptable. You let your personal feelings influence your child's towards his father which is so wrong on so many levels. I've got 10 bucks that says during the arguments you had with your child within earshot YOU were the one that brought up the affair for the kid to overhear?

But it's all irrelevant, as long as you can get him for child support without having to support them having a relationship, right? You just want him to pay for the time he 'was' a good dad.

Comment

It wouldn't matter how the relationship ended...I still feel he has a financial responsibility to my son. I am not out to nail him to the financil cross. I left a 50,000yr job, that I had for 19 yrs, to relocate with this man whom I loved and trusted with me and my son. I also worked 2 jobs during the summer so I do not sit at home all day and eat bon bons...I have looked for work, taken my resume out but no luck. I am not against them having a relationship, which I think in time, might happen.

Comment

No sale.

You are entitled to CS for his first undergraduate university degree AT MOST, IF THAT.

Comment

Like your opinion matters to me anyways...probably deadbeattotheend!!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X