Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Summer13 View Post
    It's a power thing with us.
    IMO, this is a pissing contest. Each parent trying to dictate to the other what is going to happen. The only difference is the OP has status quo on his side.

The OP's ex's unilaterally moved 45 minutes-hour away with the kid, had a baby and now expects the OP to do all the driving when historically they met at a mid-way neutral location.

OP, take the kids to Timmy's at the regular time. If she doesn't show up, send a text asking when she will be there. Wait about 20 minutes and go home, send another text advising you returned home and will head to the Timmy's once she lets you know she is there. Then send an email stating that she didn't show up at the regular exchange location, that you have the kids, they are safe and that she can either attend your place to get them or you will drop them off at school/daycare in the morning.

But be reasonable.

The OP's ex thinks that just because she has a new child she doesn't have to live up to her previous obligations. It doesn't work that way.

Comment

Thanks Guys. And ya it is a pissing match but you've all been there no?? I don't want to fight but I'm tired of being told what I am doing and when just to make things easier in her. There have been several times when I have done it. For my kids. Just to find out that she is able, shes home, shes just too lazy. But then she'll tell me "I have to go drop off baby for baby daddy #3" who lives 5minutes away from me with a big shit eating grin on her face.

She didn't pick them up last night. But managed to go to the cop station not 10 minutes down the road to file a complaint. Not sure what kind of heat Ill catch for this, if any. She called the 8 yr old last night to tell her she was calling the cops. Really!!!!!

She's kept the 8yr old from me before and I didn't call the police because I didn't want to scare our child.

Did I mention that the 8 yr old isn't mine (by blood) I've raised her she calls me dad , has my last name. Poor things has never met her real father.

Comment

Maybe I'll just throw the white towel in and say "whatever u want" because this wont be easy unless I do anything and everything she wants. Her way.

But is this really how u guys live??

Comment

Thanks Oink!! It is what I want.

Comment

You DID get the incident file number from the local police station yes?

Comment

Originally posted by NBDad View Post
              You DID get the incident file number from the local police station yes?
              Definitely.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X