Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 05:11 PM

RebelOne is on a distinguished road
Default Representing Self - Court Costs? Motions?

Hello again!
In a few weeks I will be back in the court room, now for court costs! I do not have any idea about what court costs are! Will I have to pay for my ex's lawyer? So many questions and I can find no information ?

Can I write all of the motions on one Form 14?

I am hoping that this will be the last court date and I will have my divorce and all the settlement orders in place! It has been five years now! Hoping this will be the end!

Also, if there is anyone on line that is having problems with FRO, please email me.

Thank you for all your help! Without Ottawa Divorce Forum I would have never gotten through all of this mess! Kudos to everyone!
Rebel
Old 03-19-2010, 05:31 PM

dinkyface will become famous soon enough

You are basically asking your ex to pay for some or all of your legal costs (and defending yourself against your ex's same claim).

If you were the successful party (i.e. the court agreed with your requests/arguments), and you behaved reasonably ... and your ex did not (e.g. delaying, lying or otherwise acting in bad faith), then you'd have a good chance.

Your arguments should refer to the standard rules for determining who should bear the costs of a court action.

Check here for more details J.G. Cox Family Law - Costs in Family Law

Last edited by dinkyface; 03-19-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:08 PM

RebelOne is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your help.
I was told that because I am representing myself that I cannot claim court costs.
Although, the Justice in my case sided more with me because of my decline in health and not returning to work again, and not with my ex, I know that her lawyer will be asking for me to pay all of the court costs.
I cannot find any forms to fill out on the subject of court costs...Is there such a thing? Also will I have to have a new financial report for court too? I just submitted one in January.
Thank you for your time,
Rebel
Closed Thread