Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2015, 02:16 PM
arabian's Avatar
arabian arabian is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 10,687
arabian will become famous soon enough

My ex was Ordered to produce documents for many years. He vacillated from changing legal counsel to being self-represented and back to having legal counsel. We had very specific wording in Order but he got away with it nevertheless for many years. Many family court judges just don't want to deal with it. Until we requested, and received, a case management judge he got away with it. Even in the end he didn't produce all of required documents and I had to finally throw in my hand because, as others have so wisely said in other posts on this forum, the end result we were seeking didn't exceed the cost of pursuing this.

Important fact is that the person in contempt ALWAYS is given an opportunity to purge their contempt.

Your situation could drag on for years by your ex simply producing some, but not all, of the required documents.

Very frustrating for you. I'm sure others on here can give you some ideas on how to get duplicate identification for your children.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 05:16 PM
Beachnana Beachnana is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,358
Beachnana is on a distinguished road

Order your own birth ertificate and go to service ontario or equivilant and tell them you,lost the health card. They will issue a new one. Then She can ask you for it.

Passport. Well you only need that,if you are intending to travel. And I a, guessing if she agrees to the travel she will provide the passport.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:13 PM
Links17 Links17 is offline
Hand of Justice
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: In the Shadows
Posts: 3,166
Links17 is on a distinguished road

Is this another example of a high anxiety person making something of nothing?

When you need the card, ask for it - if she refuses then deal with it.

Judges don't like hypothetical problems
Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 06:53 AM
Berner_Faith Berner_Faith is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 3,359
Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

I don't see where you offered to pay for the copies? If it's a money issue for her, pay for them to get your documents no big deal.

I do agree with Links though, this isn't a hill worth dying on. Keep requesting the info via email, next time you are in court include in your motion or whatever that you be the one to hold onto the documents as she refuses to provide you with them.

I would request the health cards follow the children, don't worry about the birth certificate or passport those aren't needed day to day. Just ask that the health cards be provided on your time with the children.

My husbands ex was like that. Didn't want to provide birth certificates or anything to him either. No big deal. We ordered a long form for each child, which has much more info than the regular birth certificate
Reply With Quote

documents, notarised, order, provide

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Court Order vs Contract?? babygirl Divorce & Family Law 4 01-20-2011 09:26 AM
"Written Communication Only" Clause In Court Order #1StepMom Divorce & Family Law 26 01-12-2010 05:06 PM
Changes to Court Order KLM27 Divorce & Family Law 4 01-03-2010 05:55 AM
Court Order incorrect About_Time Divorce & Family Law 1 07-23-2009 06:24 PM
Lawyer Submits False Court Order Beaudoin Divorce & Family Law 11 12-17-2008 10:58 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:29 PM.