No announcement yet.

Lawyers do nothing useful for society!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family Mediator at the front end to get parties to settle their own affairs and make aggreements without the more formal process.

Failing the Above.

1) Get rid of all Conferences

2) Take both seperating couples income into consideration for child support calculations (no win for the custodial parent) to encourage Joint.

3) terminate child support at the end of the year that a child reaches age of majourity.

3) Streamline or make a chart/table for Spousal support (years married to years of support)

4) get rid of Judges and Court procedures and replace with family arbritators to make contracts which are reviewable (life happens) yearly.

division of matrimonial assests/pension couples to jointly pay for accountant to make division and report sent to parties/arbritator

5) The right to sue for damages on false allegations in Civil Court (max fine $5,000.00).
    Legitimate allegations will expidite having arbritator meeting. (review police report, CAS) determine if OCL should do a assessment..etc.

6) Family Responsibility Office collects support for 1 year terms which is renewed through the yearly Family arbritation review (from above). (deadbeat parents will be rubberstamped as owing yearly)

7) divored couples can remove themselves from having grownups make decisions for them at anytime during the process. (and encouraged)
    Last edited by MrToronto; 06-18-2015, 04:47 PM.

Comment

^^^Wonderful suggestions - If only these were the standard, imagine all the trouble and money it would save Canadians! Judges would be free to take care of criminal cases - they really have no business is family law.

Getting rid of all conferences .... yep!!!!

Comment

Yes your recommendations are excellent Mr. T.

Getting rid of 4-ways/conferences would be a good step cause they are expensive, useless. People just get more and more fired up after attending 4-ways IMO.

Excellent !

Comment

The entire system needs to enter the Mr. T. school of hard knocks!

He's got some good ideas there for sure!!

Comment

The thing is that it seems that many people opt to NOT look at arbitration when it is a viable option.

Perhaps most run-of-the-mill family lawyers are reluctant to encourage their clients to go that route because they are either inexperienced with the process or fear they won't make as much money.

Thing is with family law is that word-of-mouth is very powerful. If a lawyer can do his job, save his client megabucks then I don't know what the fear of going arbitration is about. If I were a lawyer I would much prefer to have a happy client and one with whom I can see through the full process than an unhappy client that I have to drop because they can no longer afford my court-driven family law process.

Hopefully people will demand lawyers present ALL processes to them in which they may resolve their family law matters. The current process which most people are driven to seems to create more problems and turmoil than resolve matters.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X