Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 06:59 PM

blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

OK then, her $44K + $6684 in CS = $50,648 - $4416 in childcare = $46,268

Effectively, a difference of $13,268 between them. The issue still being he is claiming hardship with the amount he has to pay even with $33,000 for himself after it's all said and done. I just don't see it, people raise entire families on that amount - before taxes.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:53 PM

WCloser is on a distinguished road
Default Need help for S7 expenses

My extraordinary Ex had a big win on our divorce agreement. Regardless my negative income right now, she would've taken my kids to the NASA moon trip if its available. I looked at my papers, it said that I had to pay for "return airfare for one child" for every annual vacations. Now she wants to go on a cruise. what do I need to pay? Airfare only or a whole trip expenses?

Also she's trying to get quote for dental bracelet for one of my kids, if she gets a quote, do I have to give go-ahead to it or I can ask to delay it until better times?

Thanks!
Old 01-28-2011, 02:11 PM

KeepSmiling is on a distinguished road

Holy shit! I could have gotten that included in my separagion agreement? Kicking myself now!

But seriously - if it says one return air fare for one child - then that's what you pay. If Ex has purchased a package deal that includes air fare - then find the reasonable cost of just the air only on any travel website and pay that. Man - she got a sweet deal! What did you get?

And ... what's a "dental bracelet?"

(And - you might want to start your own thread)
Old 01-28-2011, 02:16 PM

InterprovincialParents is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to InterprovincialParents

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkandimgone View Post
OK then, her $44K + $6684 in CS = $50,648 - $4416 in childcare = $46,268

Effectively, a difference of $13,268 between them. The issue still being he is claiming hardship with the amount he has to pay even with $33,000 for himself after it's all said and done. I just don't see it, people raise entire families on that amount - before taxes.
I didn't say he had a winnable argument! I told him he at most had a 30% chance of winning new childcare provider...And, that 4416 in childcare is a tax break, so she is actually out of pocket less, depending on child's age.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:11 PM

WCloser is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepSmiling View Post
Holy shit! I could have gotten that included in my separagion agreement? Kicking myself now!

But seriously - if it says one return air fare for one child - then that's what you pay. If Ex has purchased a package deal that includes air fare - then find the reasonable cost of just the air only on any travel website and pay that. Man - she got a sweet deal! What did you get?

And ... what's a "dental bracelet?"

(And - you might want to start your own thread)
My typo! Its "dental braces", could easily be around 7K.
She got a "totally paid-off house, a parcel of land and some cash"
I've only got about 20% of the total assets. But I have to pay her 1.6K each month plus some other shit.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:28 PM

Well, I can't speak to why you signed what appears to be such a one-sided deal - but -

braces would come under medical - and if there is a clause in your separation agreement that deals with uninsured medical expenses then that is what you need to look at.

The braces would need to be required by a dentist/orthodontist - and honestly, I couldn't see why the kid would have them if they weren't needed - and any remaining uninsured costs would be split in proportion to income or whatever your agreement says.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:52 PM

red6419 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdaddy View Post
She lives with her parents and her mom babysits my son.
And her mother is providing you with receipts for the daycare right? With her SIN number clearly and correctly stated on the receipts? And she's claiming a 100% of the daycare income she in earning from both you and her daughter as income on her taxes right? RIGHT?
Old 01-28-2011, 06:48 PM

Not Afraid of the Taxman? You should be

Funny article!

Informant Leads Program

"Informant Leads Program" aka snitch line
Closed Thread