Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 07-28-2019, 02:56 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckinAB View Post
I agree sidelines ...he brought a court application just to tell me he sold the car and for possession of the car.. Why should we go back to court.?...now I'm going to ask for an actual spousal support order, since I have to go back to court . Now this will be 5k spent on legal fees between the both of when he could have simply asked for the car or signed it over to me.
you should not have to go back to court. All you have to do is give him the car . The only reason it would have to go back to court is if you will not give it to him and the courts have to force you. If you wish to be unreasonable and not follow the order then you may be on the hook for his legal fees for this.

You really have to get off the idea of the car being signed over to you...that isnt the way the "order" was worded. Besides could you afford the payments on the car.

As for the SS order, if he is paying all the bills now then he is paying you a form of SS. Expect him to ask for you to pay half of the mortgage etc if you pursue this right now. You are obligated to pay half the bills also.
Old 07-28-2019, 03:15 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckinAB View Post
I also ask was the information I posted about why the car was sold suddenly relevant to asking to keep my car or having it signed over to me, since he was in arrears as well and also not paying spousal support ( entitlement and amount was already determined). I will retain a lawyer again.
there was a specific order for the cars and how they were to be sold. You are wanting to tie things together but you cant.

There are three ranges for SS. Just because you lawyer feels there is an amount you should get it doesnt mean that a judge will agree. There is no order for SS as you did put that now you will ask for an actual SS order.

You need to take this one issue at a time. Deal with the car and turn it over to him as the court order says you were suppose to do.
Old 08-15-2019, 04:02 PM

StuckinAB is on a distinguished road

I retained a lawyer. We found out the car was "sold" to a family member and there is significant equity. Now wants to cut a deal ....absolutely ridiculous.