Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 06:44 PM

mnadarasah is on a distinguished road

Now we have to fillout the intake form to submit to OCL.
I want to ask for Tuesday to Wednesday everyweek(which I had then other party lawyer reduced it by two times a week)
Friday to Monday alternative week. they gave me. But I aslo need friday evening to sat 2pm.
I want to keep the joint custody.

What should I do?
My wife take the kids from daycare and keep the kids in home. They are not have any extra activities. If I have them for all weekend then I will take more classes.

Need your advise?
Old 02-05-2013, 07:44 PM

ddol1 is on a distinguished road

I am not authority by far....... (not at all as my kids are all of age so these issues are not relevent in our case) If you do a search on access here you will learn alot to help you; ere the "lowest access I read is EOW or every other weekend, which is what "they gave you"???? As far as I can see, your ex has no right to give you anything or especially, your ex has no right to take anything away from you either!! You either agree to what (can I call it a bunch of S--t they are shoveling you in the hopes you buy into it, accept what your ex is doing) or you fight for your access and equal parenting.

Remember, you do not take any legal advice or similar from your ex or your ex's lawyer - both of which do not have any interest in your rights for equal access as you say here. The only legal way to have your access limited is through a court order/ruling. Is there any reason why you should accept anything less than an equal parenting role??

Last edited by ddol1; 02-05-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:46 PM

What I had is Tuesday to Wednesday and Friday to sun2pm
Now I went to the case confernce and both lawyers agreed this but I told my lawyer I need every weekend and tuesday to wednesday. My lawyer said Judge will not aprove that we have to ask something look good for the Judge Eye. I was not agree on that. I want what I ask for and let the Judge decide. My lawyer did not agreed that and she went to other party lawyer asked for althernative weekend friday to monday and I foced to add alternative tuesday and fri to sat2pm (my lawyer add the word swimming class for sat morning) When we went for case conference Judge decide Mother will take her for swimming and I can have alternative fri to mon and alternative tuesday others will decided by OCL.
Now we have to fill out the OCL intake form Can I ask for more access?
I have the joint custody now, Is OCL will change that?
How to make OCL happy on my site?
I want more access like 50|50 because my three kids love my Parents and My Brothers kids live to gether as a big family. Kids love that, because when they went to Mom's house they have no fun and just stay in the house.
Also they complain that Mother hit the 3 years old girl and she cry for "DAD".
Also, Twins girls she lock them in the room and turn off the light. They was scared of the dark now. I told them tell your teacher about this. They are scared. This morning I went to the daycare and she did not dress properly for them and their hair did not clean. Me and my mom took them to the swimming and took a while to fix their hair. Other party lawyer is very good and she made my two lawyers quit the job. She complained them to the law society in the begining. She always gave my lawyer very hard time. call them after hours. send them fax after fax for nothing.
I changed three lawyers so far. Spend lots of money. Now I have to pay life long for spousal support $250 and other party lawyer add the word INDEXED which I don't understand the meaning and my lawyer never explain to me.
I am paying child support $857/month. My x-wife did not treat my kids properly took them to the causin house and sleep over on the floor with the kids next day thay have carpet bits. First time she had the kids three years old had a breathing issue I took her to the emergency and they said she have Nimonia stayed at the hosital for two days. X-Wife came and spend the night with us. next day after her lawyer called she just left, don't even say bye to the kid.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:51 PM

Can I ask for Joint Custody and 50|50 access in the OCL intake form?
My lawyer says I can only ask what on the consent. which is I am agreed.
Should I listen to my lawyer or I fill out the form what ever I want resonable.

2011 I had the sole custody
2012 OCL involved I got Joint Custody with limited access
60(for her)|40(me).
Now they changed to alternate weekend plus alternative tuesday?
I want more access? how to get it?
keep the joint custody.

Gus
Old 02-05-2013, 08:53 PM

wretchedotis is on a distinguished road

you answer the questions truthfully.

do not blame the MOM.

Explain the good things you and the kids do together.

Explain why if they were not able to do it with you as often, how it would really hurt the children.

It is just a form to fill out. Be honest, and ask for a interpreter if you want.

In fact... Ask for an interpreter.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:22 PM

My Lawyer going to fill out the OCL intake form.
But she is not favor to me. I asked her to ask more access and add the reason whay I am asking? She is not accept that? Why she is doing that?
I want to spend more time with the kids that's what kids like.

I am paying $1100 for kids and spousal because of that My monthy budget have issues.
How to handle that?
Old 02-05-2013, 09:44 PM

Why do I need an Interpreter? My lawyer do the all talk. She don't even let me say anything. I even want to say about this:
When I brough my wife from Sri Lanka I asked her to go to school and develop your skills we can have the kids later. But she wants the kids now we have three. I still want to look after all my kids let her go and do the study and improve he skills. Why do I have to pay for all support? Life long I have to pay spousal support for $250 with indexed?

What is the meaning of spousal support $250 per month with indexed and review every five years?

Please explain?
Old 02-05-2013, 09:52 PM

involveddad75 will become famous soon enough

If your lawyer is not following your direction then you need to find another lawyer, or have her explain to you why she wants to do something else.
The intake form for the OCL contains a spot, where you state what you want the OCL to do.
I would state there that you believe it is in the best interests of the children that they spend equal amounts with both parents.
Before anything goes to the OCL make sure you review it before your lawyer sends it in. If she doesn't let you see it, its time to get another lawyer.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:28 PM

Nadia is on a distinguished road
Default Interpreter

You could benefit from an interpreter given that English is clearly not your first language. There is no shame in having an interpreter and this may even provide with that little bit of extra time before you have to respond to your lawyer. The lawyer "may do all the talk" but it is important that you are clued into what is going on. The interpreter may be able to fill any gaps.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:28 PM

Tomorrow I have an appointment with my lawyer to fill out the OCL intake form. All I need:
1. Friday to Monday everyweekend but my lawyer may say it's not work and we have to follow the consent so we have to put alternative weekend.
2. Every Tuesday to Wednesday but she is going to say follow the consent alternative tuesday to wednesday.
3. if the weekend alternative then I will have the friday to saturday alternative.

I want to keep my joint custody.

What do you think?
Closed Thread