Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 08:08 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldclub View Post
Et tu, Brute? Glad to hear I'm giving you a good laugh, Tayken.
Nope. Just a general comment outlining the source of the whole you can't suck and blow at the same time. I was more pointing at the use of the phrase not the relationship to you.

The whole "suck and blow" comment when used in the wrong context before the court generally gets a big laugh though. To blow "hot and cold" is a much more polite statement to make in a court of law.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:11 PM

baldclub is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
Bald:

I didn't call you a parasite. I wasn't being condescending either.
Never said you called me a parassite Pursuinghappiness.

Quote:
I'm simply telling you what I'm reading in your posts as an observer and I don't think I'm the only one.
I don't particulary like your simple way of telling me. And no, it's clear to me you're not the only one, hahaha!

Quote:
The benefit of this place is that sometimes you get the perspective of someone not involved in your situation. Take it or leave it.
I'm ok with constructive perspective.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:18 PM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

Baldclub:

Honestly, I'm baffled by your comments. I'm totally confused at how you structure your priorities. I can't imagine that you think its ok...i just don't get it.

No one said you couldn't volunteer..that's a nice thing to do. But when you have two conflicting priorities:

1) Your Kids
2) Volunteering

You picked 2? Seriously? And then came in here to complain about not seeing your kids?

Its unfortunate that you don't have a more flexible ex and that its taking you so long to get a schedule. But you still have a responsibility to prioritize your time. Why didn't you move your volunteering day? Or choose a volunteering action that you can do on a flexible day so that you can be available for your children?

If you don't see the irony of being on a divorce forum complaining about not seeing your children..while at the same time talking about all the other things you do instead of seeing them...including the being a big brother to other people's kids...well, I guess I can see why you are where you are.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:38 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Baldguy - I just skimmed back over some of your first posts on this thread. Your first few sentences of your first entry indicated you hadn't seen your kids in 16 days. Further on in the thread you indicated you didn't have a fixed schedule for your kids, rather it was based on your ex's work schedule. Correct?

Don't know what all the hoopla is about. Seems to me you are working to get your separation agreement and everything else organized so you can have a "normal" life.

Your ex has been uncooperative and you had to be with a family member through their illness/surgery. Totally understandable. Don't think anyone is going to put you on the rack for that.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:13 PM

Thanks for your feedback, arabian.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:38 PM

Rioe will become famous soon enough

What would you do if, instead of breaking up with your ex, she had died? Then you'd HAVE to take the kids to the hospital with your dad and rearrange the volunteering, etc etc.

What we see is someone who says he wants to be the parent, that there is no CP or NCP distinction, but then turns around and behaves like a NCP, assuming that the ex will pick up the slack whenever having the kids would be an inconvenience to you. And then complaining when the ex treats you as someone who doesn't want to see your own kids.

If you have some sort of First Refusal, and are offering your ex the first chance to look after them when these other things crop up in your life, that's not coming across very well. What we are seeing, though, is someone who seems to be prioritizing other aspects of his life over his children, despite what you are saying.

I never liked the sucking and blowing metaphor, but certainly your actions are speaking louder than your words here. You are talking the talk but you are not walking the walk.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:42 PM

Thanks Rioe for your feedback.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:57 PM

OK everyone, I got your points, thanks. I am now unsubscribing from this thread. I've had enough 'perspective' to last me a while I must say. It's been more draining than I figured, way too much.

All the best to everyone here and your own particular situation.

I want to get through my parenting plan / separation agreement, and get out of Dodge.
Closed Thread