This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another observation

So I was in court today and I really wanted to check in on a couple of proceedings just 'cause I was there. Felt like I was in the movie Crash, but only for a few moments.

Anyway, I says to myself, what are the chances of dropping into a Christmas access motion, and off I went.

Here's what happened:

1)First courtroom was hearing motions and I walked in but the public seats were taken. Damn. Walked out.

2)Second courtroom was a trial - oooh juicy!! Walked in and no one was in the public seats. Everyone looked around when I walked in, especially the lawyer who was questioning the witness (more on that soon). Another minute went by and the judge says "There's a gentleman in the back...". She wanted to make sure I wasn't a witness in the trial, and I assured the court I was just there to observe. The maternal grandmother was on the stand and she was basically trashing the father, implying strongly that he was a drunk. Before it got good and the Dad's lawyer got in there, they recessed, so I left.

3)Went into a motion hearing and sure enough it was about Holiday access, endorsement was being written by the judge when I entered. Missed the (kinda) juicy stuff.

Just sayin'

I got adjourned, but will add to this thread after my next court date. Call me the Court Prowler.
    Last edited by dadtotheend; 12-16-2010, 10:50 PM.

ok but the burning question is, what DO you want for xmas?

Comment

Peace and goodwill and a trip to Vegas will do fine, thanks.

heh

G

Comment

lol! that sounds like a great wish list to me!

Comment

My ex and I have it set up so we each get a week at Christmas, this is his year for Christmas and my first without my trolls I get them back for for New Years Eve though! It will be our party time. We have it so we each get a week, with one of us having Christmas and the other one having a second Christmas for them when they go there. The kids love it as they get 2 Christmas's every year.
          He was supposed to have them last year, but it didn't co-incide with his new wife's schedule with her son so he cancelled. My guys were pretty upset about that, but we did our best to cheer them up. The boatload of presents from my partner and I and their grandparents helped a little
          It drives me nuts when I hear about people only offering their ex's like half a day at Christmas, or just Christmas Eve. Or even worse, nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by MommaBear73 View Post
            The kids love it as they get 2 Christmas's every year
            I LOVE to see that attitude: Keep it up!

The 25th is just a day... Just another stinkin' day. It's truly the thought that counts and "parents" who fight over some arbitrary numbers on a calendar deserve all the grief they cause themselves.

Er, IMHO, of course

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

Hey Gary, the Mom's will be at you in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....

Comment

Lol, thanks! More people need to do what's best for the kiddies, and not just try to 'stick it' to their ex's. Sure mine is a bit of a poohead, but how is it making me look like a good mother/human being to keep him away from his boys? All it would do is make me look like a selfish shrew, which I am not. And again, 2 Christmas's...how awesome is that!?

Comment

I wish my ex would look at it that way. When I texted him today to ask about the holiday schedule he replied
                  "if u dont want this than we do it the way we talk about in the meeting all 3 lawyer i get her xmas eve and u get her at 10am it is my week."

Nice, huh? It's all about "his time" rather than what is best for the kid!

oh, and I typed it exactly as he did...

Comment

So, Billie now what?

Comment

Billiechic, just imagine the look on her face when she walks into your house at 10am and sees your tree. Other Christmases will fall better on your time, and he's the one setting the precedent for not being flexible.

Does your daughter still nap? I forget how old she is, but if she does, tell her you're going to have a nap too, and have Santa come while she's sleeping!

Comment

Not a bad Idea.. Yes, she still naps at home, and will need one after her Late night with her dad.

Comment

My ex has missed 13 visitation days in a row (every 2nd Sunday) and refused any additional access outside of that specific schedule; he's been unresponsive when I've left voicemail & sent messages about the holidays this year, so it looks like he's skipping that too

Comment

The Grinch

Comment

I didn't think the general public were allowed to watch proceedings at Family Court in Ontario! If I'd known that, I'd have attended some sessions to see what to expect! :-)

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X