X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• almost lost my dignity

Anyone done this?

I just about lost it this morning. While I was driving to work, I wanted so much to call my soon to be ex-husband and beg him to take me back. I felt like I couldn't live without him and I wanted so much for him to take me back. I didn't call him. I just went into work and made it through the day.

Our separation is his choice, not mine. I'm having a difficult time dealing with the whole situation. Even though our marriage was not good for the past year or so, I still can't imagine a life without him.

Help please!!

Hi Rebeka...Hang in. It gets better.

Check this website. I found it really helped me during my separation. From this point forward take control of your life. Do the things you've always wanted to do. Don't repeat what has failed in the past. I know you might not believe it now but things happen for a reason. I hated that saying during my separation but eventually you will discover it's true. An ex is like a drug your addicted too...you just have to get over ther withdrawl symptoms and start your road to recovery. The future is yours and for you to take hold of.

http://www.divorcerecovery101.com/over_again.html

Comment

Be Strong Girl

Be strong....you will make it. When I was first separated I too was lonely, sad and confused. I went through hell at first. After about one month I started to feel better....eat and sleep whenever you can. Take care of you!

I now know what I really missed was the friendship, not him, just a friend because I thought we were best friends. Turns out he was cheating...found himself a new best friend. When I was able to go out and see friends and have some fun I meet a great guy....a few not so great guys too...but my new best friend is wonderful. We both are separated.....getting a divorce and we love each other.

You will be ok....if you need to talk about this because you feel depressed go to your doctor and tell him/her what is going on...he/she will help. You may need some meds to get through your day...just for a short time...I did, it helped me sleep and when you sleep you feel better.

Take care....you are stronger than you think.

Comment

Thanks a Bunch!!

Thank you for all the words of encouragement!!! I feel alot better today.

I got a phone call this morning from the an attorney who is procecuting my ex-husband for back child support (from his 1st marriage). I had posted a cash bond about 6 months ago for him because he was arrested. Now
        the courts want that money back from me. I was told that if I don't release the money, they will arrest him.

I have always tried to help him in the past but now I have realized that it's time to think about myself & my children first. He is on his own now.

I am going to file for divorce as soon as possible and not look back. I will only look forward from this point on.

Thanks again for all your words of wisdom.

Comment

Hang in there, it is/was your comfort zone. Easy to fall back, rather than keep moving. It does get better/easier. Perhaps look for a local support group, or start one up. You're not alone by any means. It's a long process, and you have to take steps through the process, just like a death. Only you will know which steps forward to take, and when heck, might skip a few. Get back out there in the singles line, and meet new ppl. Best of luck to you hon. PS do something nice for yourself, when you feel like calling him, but don't... like buy those new shoes, or purse, or treat yourself to something every time you make it through one of "those" moments. Soon, you'll be on to bigger and better ways to a whole new you. After all, YOU deserve it.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X