Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 12:58 AM

Anka is on a distinguished road
Default Procedure

May somebody explain me how it goes with divorce procedure in Canada? My husband’s layer sends me separation agreement to sign. I went to my lawyer and he sent his layer response. Now, we are waiting their response. What is a next step? How far and how long we may to send each other suggestions, letters about separation? What are next steps that I may expect?
Old 05-29-2009, 06:25 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

a lot of it depends on the two of you coming to an agreement on how to split assets etc. It can take years if you keep going back and forth with letters from your lawyers (the lawyers will LOVE that, more money for them) The best advice is pick your battles and be willing to give and take.
Closed Thread