Signed copy of the partial child support agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signed copy of the partial child support agreement

In April this year, after months of negotiations for the details for the partial child support agreement, I provided four copies of partially executed agreement with my signature and with a witness signature for ex to sign. Ive been requesting from her lawyer my two copies of the fully executed agreement, however they just keep giving me the run around. After two months they finally confirmed that it has been signed, however they have not sent me the physical copies of the agreements, not even a digital copy.

Earlier this year they did send my lawyer copies of the fully executed partnering agreement. However since March I have been representing myself.

Is there a timeline for sending me my two copies with the wet signature?

This is important. Who made the offer?

Comment

I made the offer. (I am the Applicant)

Comment

I read an article about an unsigned agreement.
        Party A was contesting it, Party A made the offer and provided the letter for Party B to sign but they themselves (Party A) did not sign it.

Party A for whatever reason did not sign the agreement and later on wanted to get out of it after some change in circumstance saying the deal was never completed.

The judge ruled they were "too clever by half" and the fact that Party A wrote up the agreement was significant. I am unable to find the article, sorry.

So I am no lawyer. Make all your offers with short expires and "without prejudice", you can set an expiry or you can simply withdraw them.

Are you OK with the withdrawal from the agreement?

-You have confirmation something was signed, are they confirming the document is signed?

-They could simply be trying to upset you and they certainly are using up some of your cycles and causing you stress.

-Apparently there is no rule for them to send you back the signed copy a judge may have to order it?

So, write them again:
        -I do not understand why I have not received signed copies of our agreement back.
        -I do need an agreement on child support to move forward with with firming up loans with potential creditors (the banks certainly need it).
        -Threaten a motion for the documents.

-Get a consult from a lawyer on this.

sorry I can't be of more help, I am no lawyer.
        My ex did a similar scam....they got an agreement to settle a matter and then called it my admission of a partial consent and asked for more. Make sure Party A pays Party B and Party B pays party A. It is important for tax reasons.

Comment

Thanks for the reply... going to read it in more detail later today.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X