What counts as notice for spousal and child support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trueblue22 View Post
    My "spousal support" is coming from my ex paying the mortgage and household expenses. I used my support calculator and it says I'm supposed to get nearly 3 to 4x what he's currently paying me for CS.
    Right, so look into what kinso said as it's very much applicable to your case. All disclosure will be shown since separation and all cs will be paid. With regards to ss, I believe entitlement has long been established. Your only concern will be amount and duration.

Comment

Originally posted by velas View Post
      So, the ex is paying your mortgage and your househould expenses and supporting the children? What are you doing to support your children and yourself?
      I am trying to keep my business afloat so I can make enough money and qualify for mortgage that isn't a 1 bedroom condo.

I clothe and feed the kids too.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
        going after everything she can from the ex...she has a boyfriend to support you know...
        We are going to spend our lives together. If he's in a good financial position then I'll be in a good financial position.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
          Again, the amount for spousal may be too much and are your cs calculations based on his annual income previously or his current larger income. Are you also calculating it as full or offset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I'm basing it on both. His previous income and the increase for a range.

Comment

All true, except for the "...yet somehow she still hasn't" part.

The only reason for OP to move forward is the limitation period, which she's not concerned with.

If you were getting free housing and money, would you stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by StillPaying View Post
              All true, except for the "...yet somehow she still hasn't" part.

The only reason for OP to move forward is the limitation period, which she's not concerned with.

If you were getting free housing and money, would you stop it.
              My lawyer said I can request an extension for this. My ex knows he owes me money he can't just take everything.

Comment

Originally posted by StillPaying View Post
                Hmmm... either everyone is wrong, including kinso and jeff, or you're mistaken...again.
                Yes lawyers are wrong... again?!

Jeff is a lawyer in good standing with the Law Society. So is Kinso. ???

Comment

My lawyer said I can request an extension for this. My ex knows he owes me money he can't just take everything.
                  How the hell are you paying your lawyer?

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                    Yes lawyers are wrong... again?!

Jeff is a lawyer in good standing with the Law Society. So is Kinso. ???

This was a dig at me. SP seems to have a bee in his bonnet about me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                      How the hell are you paying your lawyer?
                      I am borrowing money from my family and will pay them back once I get my equalization payment.

Comment

I am borrowing money from my family and will pay them back once I get my equalization payment.

And what is your equalization payment is less than what you’ve borrowed?

Comment

What I am owed by my ex if he wasn't trying to scam me should be around 850 to 1.1 million (possibly more since MH value has gone up). He's trying to pretend I get only 300 to 450k. I have borrowed about 130k from family for legal fees.

Comment

Originally posted by Brampton33 View Post
                            $130k? So trial is finished? Where are you in the court process?
                            We haven't been to court yet. We have been negotiating back and forth using lawyers and are now considering mediation. This is 130k over 5 years while my ex has been paying all my expenses and I'm living comfortably and trying to make my company work

Comment

I love how you say in one post he’s trying to scam you and in another you point out he’s paying all your bills so you can “live comfortably” and “focus on your business”. If anyone is scamming someone it is you.

Comment

He is trying to scam me. If we were together I would be taking several 10k to 15k vacations a year instead I can barely afford to go to Mexico once a year. My standard of living has severely decreased. I can't afford to get my hair done twice a week. I can't buy my kids nice things like he does.

He's supposed to support me until I get back on my feet but I'm never going to make enough money to live like him. I am entitled to alot of support but he doesn't want to give it so I'm going to live here as long as I can.
                                Last edited by trueblue22; 07-26-2021, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X