Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

View Poll Results: What was the main reason for your relationship breakdown?
Financial issues 61 22.85%
Inactive parent 34 12.73%
Different parenting styles 37 13.86%
Clashing personalities 79 29.59%
Addiction (gambling, alcohol, drugs) 54 20.22%
Spousal and/or child abuse 53 19.85%
Other 111 41.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 06:22 AM

Lorne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
Mine was infidelity. In fact, I have adultery as the cause of divorce on my divorce order. I was only the third man that my lawyer ever represented that got that!
I'm confused why people want this? Is there any financial or material reason to have it on the divorce order? Mine does not say adultery, but I didn't think it would affect asset distribution/alimony, so I didn't care (not signed yet). Should I be concerned?
Old 01-27-2011, 02:05 PM

bluenoser is on a distinguished road

Turns out wife is gay.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:20 PM

KeepSmiling is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenoser View Post
Turns out wife is gay.
And that was a problem?
Old 01-27-2011, 02:31 PM

blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

Apparently he wasn't down with that....
Old 01-27-2011, 02:35 PM

KeepSmiling is on a distinguished road

I have considered that my next husband should be a woman, even if only to make cleaning the toilet easier.

Then again .... naw ....
Old 01-27-2011, 02:52 PM

blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

LOL! Pros & cons, eh?
Old 01-27-2011, 06:35 PM

Max22258 is on a distinguished road

Mine had a car accident, then she started to accused me of a myriad of things starting by not sweeping the fl;oor, passing by having changed (of course my father died the year before) and having pretended to have loved her since the beginning, then what else there is so many, oh yes having rape her on the night of her accident, then harrasing her, well you see what the accident did to her, she committed suicide after everything was signed and over. Not sure still why all those accusation as I always been quite open about everything!!! Some people believe the accident and past use of drugs did that.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:03 PM

tiredMum is on a distinguished road

He is gay, and his choice to hide and live "the perfect life" made him very angry and controlling. He would lie about what I did for a living to people so we sounded more perfect. He was self employed. Slept til 9 every morning while I got the kids up before school and ready. Never cooked, cut the lawn, cleaned the pool, cleaned the house. Told me that since he made 10x more than me to "deal with it" Once, when I was changing the spool on the weed whacker paused by me to say, "when your done with that you can come in and suck my c***" and thought he was funny. Needless to say he was a crappy lover.

It took him a year to come out after I had enough and left. Within a month of that he met a guy online and moved him in after 3 weeks of dating without explaining to the kids he was gay. We go week on/week off with custody, and my kids hate his partner and my daughter hates being there period. She wants to move away to my fiances farm, and plans to tell him when school is done for the year. She knows he might not let her, and we won't leave the area unless my son wants to as well. He only thought about himself to this point: get a wife, make sure she stays thin, have kids, look perfect from the outside. It hasn't changed since I left, it's just easier to ignore him.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:49 PM

dadtotheend will become famous soon enoughdadtotheend will become famous soon enough

If he was able to get it on with you and have kids, he must have a been a little bi, especially if he was down for a little oral on the lawn
Old 02-17-2011, 06:26 PM

Gary M is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredMum View Post
He is gay, and his choice to hide and live "the perfect life" made him very angry and controlling. He would lie about what I did for a living to people so we sounded more perfect. He was self employed. Slept til 9 every morning while I got the kids up before school and ready. Never cooked, cut the lawn, cleaned the pool, cleaned the house. Told me that since he made 10x more than me to "deal with it" Once, when I was changing the spool on the weed whacker paused by me to say, "when your done with that you can come in and suck my c***" and thought he was funny. Needless to say he was a crappy lover.

It took him a year to come out after I had enough and left. Within a month of that he met a guy online and moved him in after 3 weeks of dating without explaining to the kids he was gay. We go week on/week off with custody, and my kids hate his partner and my daughter hates being there period. She wants to move away to my fiances farm, and plans to tell him when school is done for the year. She knows he might not let her, and we won't leave the area unless my son wants to as well. He only thought about himself to this point: get a wife, make sure she stays thin, have kids, look perfect from the outside. It hasn't changed since I left, it's just easier to ignore him.
So, then, you voted "financial issues" ?

Cheers!

Gary
Closed Thread