Freedom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedom

Almost 2 years separated and close to a year in Family Court, today is the first day of my weeks vacation KID FREE (Monday until Sunday) not quite 7 days, but I will take it.

Longest ex has taken kids is 4 days. so easing him into 6 shouldn’t be too much difference. Ex looked a little grumpy this morning at pick up but kids were excited.

I have a fun week of cleaning first then cottaging with friends ahead of me.

Thanks to all the forum members for your encouragement and advice that have gotten me this far. So much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by kate331 View Post
    Almost 2 years separated and close to a year in Family Court, today is the first day of my weeks vacation KID FREE (Monday until Sunday) not quite 7 days, but I will take it.

Longest ex has taken kids is 4 days. so easing him into 6 shouldn’t be too much difference. Ex looked a little grumpy this morning at pick up but kids were excited.

I have a fun week of cleaning first then cottaging with friends ahead of me.

Thanks to all the forum members for your encouragement and advice that have gotten me this far. So much appreciated!

Enjoy this!! You deserve it!! Do something nice for yourself since you give so much to your children and others. ❤️.

Comment

This is awesome Kate! I sure hope you have your feet up somewhere right now taking a little time to relax.

Comment

Thanks! Well my house is immaculate and I could get so use to this

Unfortunately the little one (S3) isnt fairing so well according to the daycare. The change in his routine was difficult for him and according to them, his stimming became acute.

I did visit him over lunch yesterday at his daycare. Today apparently my ex didnt send him. I suspect the daycare called CAS because they seem to have them on speed dial. In hindsight maybe we should have done this more gradually or done a midweek visit.

Suggestions are welcome!

Comment

My suggestion is to keep on enjoying your free time and make sure this happens on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by youngdad91 View Post
            Daycare in my case was quick (too quick) to jump on the mother's bandwagon and call CAS on me. They rigged up abuse case against me and fortunately the CAS didn't judge. They also tried to say the child was crying about wanting to come with me when my access increased. The judge laughed them out of the court. Daycare is long gone in my case now and I didn't have to pay a dime.

He is under no obligation to take child to daycare on his time and you should not be going to daycare during his parenting times. My ex used to do that too, something about mom's checking up on their kids when with their ex's. Not sure if it's trust issues or insecurities. You DON"T OWN the child. Stop infringing on your ex's parenting times. That is his private time. If you're going to show up to daycare and the daycare is going to allow it, then he has every right to not take the child to such daycare. He already has the right to not take child to take care during HIS (NOT YOURS) parenting time.

For all I know, you and daycare both probably planned this out to make it seem like child is not enjoying time away from mom with dad, and that it's not in the child's best interests to have more time with dad.
            Won't work sweetie. It will backfire though indeed.

Give him some space and let the child enjoy it, without a worried mother showing up to daycare everyday the child is with dad. (for crying out loud). The daycare shouldn't be so worried about the father when looking after the child, and calling the CAS, either. My CAS records showed daycare pissed off during in house visit that the child wasn't telling the CAS what the daycare and the mother were telling and wanting the child to say about me.

If the CAS has no concern, then you and the daycare are pooch. Just like my ex and the POS daycare I had to dealt with.

Stop your nonsense, what you and your fellow daycare are doing will only backfire on you both.
            I believe Kate has been the one advocating for dad to have more access and dad was the one resisting.

Comment

Thanks for that sound advice Youngdad I do believe my ex has the same right to visit the daycare anytime he feels its necessary even if it on "my" time. Both our goals as parents is to integrate this child into the main stream, and the daycare was chosen with this in mind but they are not equipped to handle a distressed autistic child. When they see a child needing extra support they ask parents for help, and if they don't get what they seem as a satisfactory solution they tend to call CAS. That has been our experience. Personally I feel my ex made the right decision to keep the child home the next day.

IMO all this "nonsense" would stop if the access/parenting schedule was more evenly split. And the child had equal time with both parents on a consistent schedule. So I am confused by you comments why this would "backfire" on me or the daycare.

Comment

Originally posted by PeacefulMoments View Post
                I believe Kate has been the one advocating for dad to have more access and dad was the one resisting.
                Yes Peaceful Moments, in my situation it would be idea to have a 50/50 custody split. I do struggle sometimes (and more often than I want to admit) meeting these children's needs.

Comment

Originally posted by youngdad91 View Post
                  Daycare in my case was quick (too quick) to jump on the mother's bandwagon and call CAS on me. They rigged up abuse case against me and fortunately the CAS didn't judge. They also tried to say the child was crying about wanting to come with me when my access increased. The judge laughed them out of the court. Daycare is long gone in my case now and I didn't have to pay a dime.

He is under no obligation to take child to daycare on his time and you should not be going to daycare during his parenting times. My ex used to do that too, something about mom's checking up on their kids when with their ex's. Not sure if it's trust issues or insecurities. You DON"T OWN the child. Stop infringing on your ex's parenting times. That is his private time. If you're going to show up to daycare and the daycare is going to allow it, then he has every right to not take the child to such daycare. He already has the right to not take child to take care during HIS (NOT YOURS) parenting time.

For all I know, you and daycare both probably planned this out to make it seem like child is not enjoying time away from mom with dad, and that it's not in the child's best interests to have more time with dad.
                  Won't work sweetie. It will backfire though indeed.

Give him some space and let the child enjoy it, without a worried mother showing up to daycare everyday the child is with dad. (for crying out loud). The daycare shouldn't be so worried about the father when looking after the child, and calling the CAS, either. My CAS records showed daycare pissed off during in house visit that the child wasn't telling the CAS what the daycare and the mother were telling and wanting the child to say about me.

If the CAS has no concern, then you and the daycare are pooch. Just like my ex and the POS daycare I had to dealt with.

Stop your nonsense, what you and your fellow daycare are doing will only backfire on you both.
                  Well that's quite dramatic, presumptuous and completely without any merit at all given the poster's situation.

I would encourage you to remember that your situation is not reflective of everyone's, especially when your accusations are exactly the opposite of what this poster is trying to accomplish.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X