Prostitution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links:
    You always get into these extremist discussions to justify your misogynistic viewpoints.

There will always be people on the fringes that engage in unwholesome behavior but they are the rare exception not the rule.

For every woman that gives birth to take financial advantage of a man, there will be a man that sleeps and impregnates lots of women having children they don't see or support. Both women and men need to be careful who they sleep with because the law is kind to neither of these extremes.

Its ridiculous to judge all women based on a fringe extreme just like it would be ridiculous for me to think all men are misogynists just because you happen to be one.

Comment

Originally posted by MS Mom View Post
      Because men are raped by women all the time right?

If men don't want kids and fear the whole not swallowing and turkey baster scenario that is happening oh so frequently throughout the world then they should get a vasectomy.

Seriously men, it's for your own protection. Us women are evil, calculated and in such DIRE need for YOUR sperm in order to pay our rent.
      Thanksgiving will never be the same again .....

Comment

Originally posted by MS Mom View Post
        Because men are raped by women all the time right?

If men don't want kids and fear the whole not swallowing and turkey baster scenario that is happening oh so frequently throughout the world then they should get a vasectomy.

Seriously men, it's for your own protection. Us women are evil, calculated and in such DIRE need for YOUR sperm in order to pay our rent.
        Not that I don't agree that the child needs to be supported, but I seriously don't agree that men should have to fear some unscrupulous woman using their sperm in a manner that was not intended.

While condoms are not 100% effective, an individual should have a reasonable expectation that someone is not going to use sperm contained in it to artificially inseminate themselves. There was no consent to the use of their sperm in such a manner. If I get a BJ, I may be finishing in such a manner to specifically prevent getting the possibility of the woman getting pregnant. That the other person was unscrupulous and impregnated themselves in a manner that I did not consent to and had no way of reasonably foreseeing, should provide me with some protection.

But the protection I may seek is either:

a. custody; or
        b. damages that a court may award.

Damages are unlikely. They aren't going to punish the kid by causing the other parent financial hardship. But custody should definitely be on the table. If the other parent is that unscrupulous, what kind of parent could one reasonably expect them to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
          Links:
          You always get into these extremist discussions to justify your misogynistic viewpoints.

There will always be people on the fringes that engage in unwholesome behavior but they are the rare exception not the rule.

For every woman that gives birth to take financial advantage of a man, there will be a man that sleeps and impregnates lots of women having children they don't see or support. Both women and men need to be careful who they sleep with because the law is kind to neither of these extremes.

Its ridiculous to judge all women based on a fringe extreme just like it would be ridiculous for me to think all men are misogynists just because you happen to be one.
          I have no misogynistic views, it just happens that women are receiving CS 95% of the time.

I wonder if a woman gets raped and has the baby but loses custody for whatever reason if she'd end up paying child support....

Or if she ends up in shared custody and she the higher earner hmmm.....

I have seen a case of SS being paid by an abused wife to her abuser so I guess its possible.

You're right but a woman can have a significant LIFELONG incentive to do it AND she can have an abortion.

A Man has no recourse at all.

Nowadays we're seeing more female teachers raping their students and I hypothesize that as we approach true equality we might have the same power imbalances women > men that we had previously but the other way around.

Don't take everything so seriously, this was a foray into the theoretical just to see how people can take advantage of the laws.

Wherever there is a loophole people will find it.
          Last edited by Links17; 02-28-2014, 10:58 AM.

Comment

If I hire a prostitute (male) and get pregnant, would I be entitled to CS?

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
              Haha, that's awesome, new loophole!

Comment

Yes, good luck getting disclosure though.

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
                  Nowadays we're seeing more female teachers raping their students and I hypothesize that as we approach true equality we might have the same power imbalances women > men that we had previously but the other way around.
                  The only reason this is considered rape is because the student is underage, not because he was an unwilling participant in the act. This power imbalance has nothing to do with gender.

Comment

This is one weird thread! :-D Interesting though.

Comment

It is a weird thread - though I suspect we enjoy these hypothetical situations as it makes us feel somewhat relieved that our own versions of 'divorce hell' seems to pale in comparison? (although I still wanna know about Arabian and that male hooker?)

Comment

Well not much to tell. I do recall years ago when I was at one of those stagette parties for someone that the dancer did give me his business card. I never did call the fellow for my 'massage.'

It was a well-known fact that many of the dancers who were hired for parties were graduate-study university students (Engineering if I recall) making a decent amount of money at this part-time job. 2 male dancers usually cost about 500.00 and they were there for maybe an hour.

Comment

Nope, its not taxable income ... yet

Comment

Condom piercer Supreme Court decision expected today - Nova Scotia - CBC News

Ironic isn't it....

Comment

Quite....

everyone wondered what may happen if roles were reversed....

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X