This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reunited with my son

Im separated from my wife pending divorce, we have no children sadly. However from ym first marriage I have a son.

His mother took him from me when he was 6, and then I saw him intemittantly before losing contact with him when he was 11. However after months of searching for him, I was contated by his social worker, who invited me to go to visit his school.

My son who is 14 now, is severely autistic and he lives in a special school in Wales in the UK.

I went to see him and he remembered me from the last time I saw him. His mother rarely sees him I found out so I have pre made regular appointemtns to visit him.

The last time he came up my shoulder but when I saw him last week he had shot up over my head he is so tall.

He talks when he want to and as strange as it may see it was his growing collection of "bandannas" that have taught him how to count and the names of the colours. He's collected 25 different ones and Ive been shopping and bought him 10 more.

As I come across different ones Ill send them to him.

Im really looking forward to my next visit.

I wont lose touch with him again..

Hi SHJ,

That is wonderful news, and very heartwarming! It must be so exciting to have your son back in your life, especially with everything you have been going through lately.

Lindsay

Comment

SHJ

what a sweet story; you came into his life and it sounds like he really needs you (considering mother rarely does) an he came into your life when you so desperately need him. I love the bandanna story; God works in mysterious ways. I am so happy for you and your son.

Comment

Thank you

Alex is a good kid that makes the best from his difficulties. The bandanas in their simplicity give him such pleasure.

Nowe he has 50. Im going tot ry to get him to 100!

Comment

SJ,

That is fantastic news ... by the way, when you give to someone, you receive so much more back.

As I read your post ... I get the sense that something really wonderful and great will come out of this .. for both of you.

Congrats.

Hubby

Comment

OH how deeply touching. I bet you were beyond estatic. I worked in group homes and know how important family is to Autistic children. A great big Congrats your way buddy.

Comment

That is so great, i grew up without a father and I can tell you how much it means to a child to have one in their life and there for them. Keep up the good work dad.

Comment

This is a very joyous time for you, make the best of it.

Comment

This is so wonderful. I love to hear such great stories. I wish you both well. I know that there are lots of support groups for parents of autistic children, please think about joining one. My 16 year old son is mildly autistic and he is just my sunshine.

Lauren

Comment

I am so happy for you and your son. Definitely, the joyous of time, I know your story collection will grow and grow. Congrats, wishing the both of you well!!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X