This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex is driving up my lawyers bill...

We are going thru a divorce... My Soon to be Ex does not have a lawyer...but he keeps sending a letters to my lawyer...and lawyer respond to it....and I am sure my lawyer is charging me for all the communication... not sure what to do ....

New Beginning, if the letters from your ex are productive, then it may be money well spent by you. If the letters are productive, it shouldn’t make a difference whether they come from your ex or your ex’s lawyer.

But you’re right - dealing with someone who’s not represented can involve a waste of money. I think most family law lawyers have procedures in place to minimize this. For instance, in my office, any communication from someone who’s self-represented gets screened by Lindsay first so I don’t waste time.

Also, starting legal proceedings can be a way of forcing your ex to get a lawyer.
    Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X