How much if any

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frustratedwithex View Post
    Only when CRA grants the clearance certificate can we start distributing the estate...
    You can distribute funds before that... just make sure you hold enough back to cover lawyer/accountant/taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by 2nd ex wife View Post
      I'm the second ex..we had been divorced for 2 years when my ex died having surgery. We have 2 kids for whom I'm still getting support To my surprize he left me his pension and life insurance. I am the named beneficiary. It's been four months and I haven't seen a penny. The first ex ( divorced 1992) has put in a claim for the money. She remarried in 1994 but had a clause claiming part of our ex's pension once he retired. He died before retirement. He had a valid will and she and her adult child were not named to receive anything. She did receive child support and alimony.
      Is she going to get the money I need to raise my kids?
      This going to take longer than 4 months when someone other than the beneficiary also makes a claim.

Originally posted by paris View Post
      You can distribute funds before that... just make sure you hold enough back to cover lawyer/accountant/taxes.
      In my case I probably can distribute funds before the final CRA certificate. Its a simple estate and no one other than the named beneficiaries to distribute funds to. The posters situation is more messy and will take time to settle. If she has a family law claim to the estate, she needs to bring this forward, and see a lawyer.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X