This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HammerDad View Post
    Why not just simply wait until your divorce is final and then incorporate a little while later (around a year to be safe IMO)? As mentioned before, she would have to reopen SS to somehow drag in the extra income and prove entitlement to it. Your argument it was a post divorce idea and that you are already maintaining what your payments based on your incomes during the marriage.
    perhaps that's the best route.

Comment

Originally posted by sahibjee View Post
      perhaps that's the best route.
      I say go BIG. Do it now, and let us know what happens. I will even provide the popcorn?

Not meant mean, meant for you to really think about this.

Comment

I'd like some popcorn. It's been awhile since I've had some... Popcorn... Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by sahibjee View Post
          there is no "would have still have to", I am already doing that. if you read some of my earlier posts in other threads, i started paying CS THE DAY we broke up, even before she filed the case in court.
          that would be true if i intended to take something away from them that i am already providing them, which is not. i am already paying CS, and there is no reason why that should stop or reduce.

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...tml#post108366

read the last part of this post. burns your argument to ashes.
          Speaking of arguments and ashes, I just reviewed what you wrote at the very start of this thread. I found these parts particularly enlightening as to your real intent.

"
          Days before we broke up i was working on a project that i intended to launch had most of the stuff figured out but then shit hit the fan and .... ,anyways now i want to get back on track, but since now support payments are in the picture i need some help figuring the below out.

There are going to be two companies
          1- technology services
          2- Endowment fund

1- Technology services: The idea is to provide some technology services, out of the profits ~70% will go to an endowment fund (separate entity) for charitable organizations, ~30% will be income for me.

the users will outright know that its a for profit business, but they will also be informed the majority of profits from the business are forwarded to an endowment fund company for charitable organizations

now what i am left wondering is how do i register this *business* so that the 70% given away is not added to my annual income

2- Endowment fund: from the 100% of fund the endowment board will purchase franchises (any business, subway, tims, aldo etc), and 100% of the income from the franchises will go to support charitable organizations.

how do i setup this *fund company* in order to have 0% of this into my annual income since I will be receiving no money at all.

Important: i never want to hand her over any of the financial documents of any of these *businesses*

the ex was fully aware of my plans and i had exchanged some emails with her regarding the technology patent i was looking for. i am sure as soon as i register the businesses the witch hunt to increase support will start."

Aside from the points in bold, I can't help but think this might the angle you are really after....... CRA - Donations and donors - Tax savings - How do I calculate my charitable tax credits? If true, I can only hope for your kids.

Comment

"Important: i never want to hand her over any of the financial documents of any of these *businesses*"

Nooooooooo, THAT ^ doesn't sound shady, underhanded or deceptive at all, does it???

Comment

Quite the philanthropist eh?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X