Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 12:03 PM

HappyMomma is on a distinguished road
Default Text Messages

Are text messages allowed as proof in court? I know emails are sometimes used but I've been told text messages cannot be.

Thanks
Old 12-02-2009, 06:37 PM

mamoosha is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to mamoosha

I hope they work because I have 5000, yes five thousand NASTY emails from my ex that I hope to use in court to prove that what he's saying about me is not true. Isn't that proof enough? OMG if you could read some of them, he should be in jail!
Old 12-02-2009, 06:39 PM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

I was just wondering this today. I thought that I might take my cell to a notary with my own transcript and get him to verify that the transcript was identical to the texts.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:44 PM

I save them all on to my hotmail account. Then one by one I imput them into a word document because if the judge see them all he'll have lots of toilet reading material. LOL I'll just highlight the very serious ones
Old 12-02-2009, 06:53 PM

Thanks for that information, as long as it shows how demented he is and how he is trying to turn the whole story against me, then I will do what ever it take to show what a good person I really am.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:32 PM

mominont is on a distinguished road

For what its worth..

You will be very LUCKY if a judge reads your affidavit before meeting you. A judge is unlikely to read through 100's of emails and text messages.

mominont
Old 12-03-2009, 04:27 PM

tugofwar is on a distinguished road

Can you get a print out of text messages from the cell phone providers? I got a new phone because my old phone battery died so Im wondering if they can do this?
Old 12-03-2009, 07:08 PM

I really don't think they keep everyone's texts. For example my 18 year old daughter sends 3000 texts and receives about the same every month (thank god for unlimited plans). If the provider kept every text on file, their computers would crash. That is why after every text to my ex, I forward it straight to my hotmail in case my cell would crash. Now if hotmail crashes...I'll kill myself LOL
Old 12-03-2009, 08:57 PM

HappyMomma is on a distinguished road

My phone has an app called My Phone that syncs everything with my account online - so all my texts are stored there. Any phone with the Microsoft Mobile will be able to do that.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:10 PM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

mamoosha, how do you set it up to forward to hotmail? Does it do it automaticly?
Closed Thread