No announcement yet.

"Clean hands"/Ex turpi causa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Kisno... You haven't recognized who/what you are dealing with yet?

I suspect that this poster is treading on the edges of presenting their "knowledge" in the fun style of Organized Pseudolegal Commercial Argument (OPCA)...

Organized Pseudolegal Commercial Arguments as Magic and Ceremony, 2018 CanLIIDocs 90

We get a few a year here... Conserve your energy. They are Organized Pseudolegal Family Law Argument style...

Key point when to identify this kind of pseudolegal thinking is when the poster out-right says they know more than most (or all) lawyers.

Comment

Oh its for sure freeman/OPCA nonsense. But you never know who else might read these posts. Ottdiv is likely a lost cause, but casual readers might be sucked into the nonsense.

Comment

I recommend anyone trying some obscure argument to go into canlii and search for the keywords in that site. If nothing comes up then it was either unsuccessful or not tried.

I also suggest for those attempting an appeal like this poster, go into their provincial court of appeal on canlii and search the relevant family law cases paying specific attention to the introductory portion of the case record where they outline the judges reasoning. Appeals are a long shot as they don’t always agree to hear them and are also an even longer shot for obscure legal arguments. If they do take the case, it’s normally to smack down the person arrogant enough to try to educate the bench on law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
          I suspect that this poster is treading on the edges of presenting their "knowledge" in the fun style of Organized Pseudolegal Commercial Argument (OPCA)...
          I thought of that as well, the style certainly reminded me of it. He was missing the arcane rituals though that seem necesary for it to be OPCA.

I think he just does not recognize that not all laws and rules are equally weighted, and that recent precedent counts for a lot more than an ancient law.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinso View Post
            Oh its for sure freeman/OPCA nonsense. But you never know who else might read these posts. Ottdiv is likely a lost cause, but casual readers might be sucked into the nonsense.
            That's the first thing I thought of when I read his posts...

I'll admit though- dealing with FOTL (in the context of municipal law) are secretly my favourite. It's just so bonkers.

Comment

This guy is not a FOTL. He fully acknowledges the jurisdiction of the court.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X