Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In most cases the NOA is all that you would need. If the other parent disagrees with the NOA, then you may have to provide the T4's/etc to provide proof of income.

Where everyone involved is acting like adults, this should be fairly cut and dry. Exchange NOA's each year. Plug the info into the calculator to figure out what the new amounts are. Start paying new amounts. Rinse and repeat.

If everyone would just stop the vindictive juvenile BS, FRO wouldn't NEED to exist.

However, like many on this forum are aware, it doesn't always work that way. Where significant sums of money are involved, people don't act rationally. Tell a CS recipient they are all of a sudden getting a couple hundred LESS a month, and they flip their shit.

@Motorhead: if you need to provide proof of receipt...use Microsoft OUTLOOK if possible. There is a section for "request delivery receipt" that can be enabled (depending on the email environment you are in) so you can at least confirm it was delivered.

If the other party ignores you, then you revert to R3 letter. (registered, receipt required) as a followup.

Comment

Thank you NB! I thought so.
      I've been a NCP for 10yrs now and it doesn't get any easier when money is involved. I just wish his character assassinations would stop!!
      I just have to hang in for a few more years

One more question NB, I have requested his NOA for many years and have never received one. I know it isn't really relevant to child support but I'm within my rights to request it right?

Comment

Section 7 expenses are dependant on each parent's income. Both parents, even in a CP/NCP situation, have a right to annual disclosure.

Comment

Yep, usually 30 days from the date of request, it has to be provided.
          No NOA = no payment of section 7. (BANK the money for it though in case the other party tries and haul you to court)

Send the request via email, wait 30 days. Then send the request R3 letter...wait 10-20 days. Then file motion with the courts, and ask for both the NOA to be disclosed, and for costs.

Rinse and repeat each year.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorhead168 View Post
            " If you communicate by email, write him an email. That way, you have proof that you asked for it and he didn't comply."

Where would the proof be? I've sent more than one person an e-mail and they never received them (and they weren't money-related).
            Fair enough; however, having some print outs of sent email is better than just stating that you verbally asked.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X