This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writing up a document for Custody

Quick question, I need to write up a document for Sole Custody so that the mediator can just quickly look it over before my daughters father and I sign it. I know there is a certain way it needs to be worded but not sure how. Wondering if anyone on here does. Really don't feel like calling my lawyer over something as mundane as this.

Just needs to state that I have sole custody and primary residency. Simple and basic;

p.s. father is 100% on board for this as only reason I need sole is because our 4 month old daughter is a very very sick little girl and I need to be able to make the medical decisions with just short notice without the hassle of trying to track him down. I am in no way restricting fathers time with her if he so chooses.

mine says:

the joint custody regime is to be varied to that of custody of <<child's name>> born <<birth date>> "child's name" to the respondent mother.

Its also one in a long list of clauses in my court order.

don't forget that until the paperwork is filed with the courts its not really worth the paper its written on.

Comment

yeah, on above, and then there is status quo and acquired consent to act.

Comment

I'm not going to run into any problems here as to status quo or stuff as I have been the only parent involved with our daughter since birth. Her father has also agreed that it's in her best interest that I have sole custody as I am the one who has to make all these decisions. I just need to know how I am supposed to word this as I've been told it needs to be worded a certain way.
        Thanks for the input though

Comment

Full steam ahead ... Something like this should meet the requirement. Sole custody of "child's name here" born "child's date of birth here" to "mama2bee".
          Last edited by lilspinx; 05-04-2011, 07:04 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X