No announcement yet.

CS Payer parent on Disability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is family law, will I be involved because of helping transportation, grocery sometime? I will definitely claim tax if officially provide services. Does he have to list all people helping him in the court documents? Thanks.

Comment

You are not a party to the case. Everyone has grocery and transportation costs. He cannot decide to pay you and other friends instead of kids. Get a lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by Croa View Post
        This is family law, will I be involved because of helping transportation, grocery sometime? I will definitely claim tax if officially provide services. Does he have to list all people helping him in the court documents? Thanks.

Either you are helping or you are being paid. It can’t be both ways and if he has money to pay someone to take him places, he has money to pay support. As terrible as it sounds, he should be depending on community supports to assist with these expenses instead of paying someone.

This guy has kids from two women, one child does not live near him, he is now on disability. You may be being taken advantage of by someone looking for sympathy claiming things have been unfair. Have you considered that?

Comment

Originally posted by StillPaying View Post
          You are not a party to the case. Everyone has grocery and transportation costs. He cannot decide to pay you and other friends instead of kids. Get a lawyer.

Undue hardship claims can certainly include common costs and others you mentioned combined with CS is a burden.
          There is also a factor for comparing living standard between the payor and the payee.

Comment

Not sure why you quoted me.

Yes - undue hardship claims would look at everything but someone making ~70% of their salary, plus other benefits, with reduced expenses in some areas and more in others would not qualify. They have a reduced income and would still pay support on that disability income.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X