Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nervous about Interview with OCL

Hello all,

Wanted to discuss my first interview with an OCL Social Worker. I feel that it went well but Im not sure if I talked to much and/or provided too much detail or not enough. I studied the question list from this forum and tried to set myself up to do well but not sure. Already they set up the viewing in a couple of day with my child and will also speak with my mom whom I live with.

Is there anyone here I can chat with offline for some coaching and or advice on how to deal with this?

Thank you

OntarioDaddyMan,

Please keep us all posted. I am expecting to have my first interview shortly too.

Best of luck.

Comment

When in doubt ask! Ask if you need to give more details!

Comment

One thing that I noted was that my clinician stated that the less evidence I gave her to solidify my story the better. Is this standard practise ?

Comment

Originally posted by OntarioDaddyMan View Post
          One thing that I noted was that my clinician stated that the less evidence I gave her to solidify my story the better. Is this standard practise ?

That makes no sense. Anyone ?

Comment

It does not sound like standard practice but it makes sense if you are a bad talker.

If you get really nervous easily and you ramble on and on, the advice is probably good.

Comment

Originally posted by AnarX View Post
              It does not sound like standard practice but it makes sense if you are a bad talker.

If you get really nervous easily and you ramble on and on, the advice is probably good.

I didn't ramble on. It seemed to me that she was trying to avoid paper work and Im wondering if I should give her documentation. She also mentioned that she cannot accept any documents that the mother has not seen or had. So the only documents I gave her were straight from my previous briefs and motions.

Comment

I didn't ramble on. It seemed to me that she was trying to avoid paper work and Im wondering if I should give her documentation. She also mentioned that she cannot accept any documents that the mother has not seen or had. So the only documents I gave her were straight from my previous briefs and motions.

I would file any and all documents as affidavits with the court. This way, anything and everything that supports your case gets seen by your stbx and by clinician.

This is the approach I have taken. I have filed letters from several neighbours attesting to my parenting as affidavits. I even submitted a photo album of me and my children. Perhaps to much, but I don't intend on losing.

Comment

Originally posted by plainNamedDad44 View Post
                  I would file any and all documents as affidavits with the court. This way, anything and everything that supports your case gets seen by your stbx and by clinician.

This is the approach I have taken. I have filed letters from several neighbours attesting to my parenting as affidavits. I even submitted a photo album of me and my children. Perhaps to much, but I don't intend on losing.
                  That is a good idea. Im worried that the judge might think its too much though?

Comment

Hello all,

Wanted to discuss my first interview with an OCL Social Worker. I feel that it went well but Im not sure if I talked to much and/or provided too much detail or not enough. I studied the question list from this forum and tried to set myself up to do well but not sure. Already they set up the viewing in a couple of day with my child and will also speak with my mom whom I live with.

Is there anyone here I can chat with offline for some coaching and or advice on how to deal with this?

Thank you
                    OntarioDaddyMan,

Please keep us all posted. I am expecting to have my first interview shortly too.

Best of luck.
                    Best advice I can give is... Take a deep breath, and relax.
                    You love your kid(s), right?
                    That's all that matters. Well not really, but if that construct is true - you are mot likely doing all the right things.
                    Just be yourself, and spend he time of the interview engaging with your child(s).
                    The worker is there to gauge your relationship. Past that they will rely on any personal indoctrinations they believe in already. Which I guess is a cryptic way of saying that in my opinion, the only outcome you control is whether or not the worker leaves believing you're 'in it' for the right reasons or not.

True.

That makes no sense. Anyone ?
                    At least in my opinion, if you spend all the time engaging the worker in how you are 'right' versus how the other side is 'wrong', well it seems like you care more about your point of view. You SHOULD be more concerned about what's best for your kid(s). Not whether you are right or wrong.

Does that makes sense?

Comment

Wait, what? I have my OCL 1st interview next week. My evidence is going to consist of recorded audio, screenshots of txt's (even my phone if they want to scroll through over a years worth of that!), my written journal, photo albums (plural) and a tidy list of names I want them to talk to as well, ie, principal at school, ex's neighbour, etc...

Can I show this all to the OCL lawyer or do I have to file it in court first? Please tell me that's not what you are saying!

Cheers!

Comment

She also mentioned that she cannot accept any documents that the mother has not seen or had. So the only documents I gave her were straight from my previous briefs and motions.
                        I did the same. Just provided what was already in continuing record. I thought that's how it was done.

My ex did not. She provided a whole bunch of art and crafts she made up herself that I haven't seen nor is in the CR.

This swayed OCL to bond with ex and biased her recommendations. So I think rules out the window.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X