Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2012, 12:41 PM
finallyfree finallyfree is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1
finallyfree is on a distinguished road
Default pensions

does anyone know the answer? am separated 2 yrs now and trying to finalize things. my ex has a locked in pension with a union and i want my portion but i want it in cash. i heard of 2 other people in this situation one a teacher and he had to pay the ex and one worker at ford plant also had to pay the ex. is this true and if so how does it work? thanks
Old 07-06-2012, 02:08 PM
NBDad's Avatar
NBDad NBDad is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Brunswick
Posts: 2,734
NBDad is on a distinguished road

Depends on how the pension is handled. Your ex would need to place the inquiry through the administrator to have a valuation provided as well as discover what options are available.

Just because YOU want it in cash does NOT mean that the pension admins will do that. Are there other assets in play that can be used to offset the pension? Ie. Mat. Home, RRSPs, etc.
Closed Thread

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pensions and RRSPs marymeagan Financial Issues 5 10-23-2011 11:36 PM
Division of Pensions ZipZap Financial Issues 2 07-24-2010 02:12 PM
Pensions rainbowsend Financial Issues 6 07-22-2010 10:53 AM
half my pensions surprised Financial Issues 4 03-30-2010 01:20 PM
Ex Spouses & Pensions: Taestoy Divorce & Family Law 0 10-22-2008 09:25 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:14 PM.