Children services not investigating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Children services not investigating

My ex was living with her parents and my kids would come home with countless stories of her mother hitting the kids and threating to kill them. I called Guelph children's services and they did absolutely nothing. Never talked to the kids or mentioned it to my ex wife.

Now months later I find out that children services has talked to them about the exact issue I reported. And now My kids mom is living in a hotel because the kids can't be around the mom

Are they not responsible to investigate a complaint? The kids were left in a dangerous situation and Guelph Children services failed to listen.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Originally posted by walhalla View Post
    My ex was living with her parents and my kids would come home with countless stories of her mother hitting the kids and threating to kill them. I called Guelph children's services and they did absolutely nothing. Never talked to the kids or mentioned it to my ex wife.

Now months later I find out that children services has talked to them about the exact issue I reported. And now My kids mom is living in a hotel because the kids can't be around the mom

Are they not responsible to investigate a complaint? The kids were left in a dangerous situation and Guelph Children services failed to listen.

so they did investigate and the kids and mom moved....what is your issue?

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
      so they did investigate and the kids and mom moved....what is your issue?
      For months it was never investigated only investigated after someone else made a complaint and the kids told them about the event I already told them. My issue is their incompetence and ignorance.

Comment

For months it was never investigated only investigated after someone else made a complaint and the kids told them about the event I already told them. My issue is their incompetence and ignorance.

Do you know for sure it wasn’t? Or are you assuming? Did they tell you they weren’t investigating? Many things are investigating and closed because nothing is found. If at that time they couldn’t determine any abuse they’d have no choice but to close a file.

Regardless, I’m not sure a divorce forum can help you with this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
          Do you know for sure it wasn’t? Or are you assuming? Did they tell you they weren’t investigating? Many things are investigating and closed because nothing is found. If at that time they couldn’t determine any abuse they’d have no choice but to close a file.

Regardless, I’m not sure a divorce forum can help you with this issue.

Sorry did not know where else to post the question. But yes I know it was not

Comment

Sorry did not know where else to post the question. But yes I know it was not

A quick google search shows you can report to the ombudsman. But I doubt you’ll get anywhere unfortunately

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X